• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Raptor Pressure Drop Problem.

Ok so i have a problem with my raptor fuel pump.I've had it for about a year and when i got it i got 3/8 lines. and i would see about a 5-7 psi drop with ds2.Now i just upgraded to all 1/2 lines including from ff to ip and a draw straw 5 and at 30psi fp i can get it down to about 4.(I know 30 is high but i set it there to see how low i could get it with out running to 0)I replaced the ff and checked/tightened all fittings.What could it be?Its driving me crazy.The only thing i can possibly think it could be is the "Straw" at the bottom of the module. When i installed it it seemed like it was a little close to the bottom with not much of a "Slash cut" to it.Could that being so close to the bottom of the tank cause the good fp at idle and the giant decrease at WOT.Idle pressure is 30 Cruising is 23ishWOT Level 10 on ADREN is about 4-5psi.Any help would be great.

The drawstraw is a thought. The pump could be going bad too but I am more wondering about the wiring. When the condition calls for it (WOT) the pump has to keep up and if it has a bad connection or too small of wires it might not be getting the power it needs.

• Owner

That is screaming restriction or the volume demand is higher than volume supplied. which is... a. Suction restrictionb. Fuel filter pluggedc. Bad fuel pump A good fuel system should only drop 2-3 PSI... Max of 5 PSI beyond that you got serious issues. I typically idle at 17 PSI and never drop below 15 PSI. Here is my straw... I can barely fit a quarter under the tip.post-2-138698172136_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's the one I always for get about... But Gassernomore got it... Thanx...:thumbup2:

When i did the new 1/2" lines i cleaned the screen. My straw looks almost like yours with the notches on it except i cut V's in the straw, 3 of them. Also this is my second pump (the newer Black ones). . . . First one burnt up somehow (in 3 years) Another thing is when the pump was mounted the pressure adjuster got stuck so i took the pump out and put it on the bench and took the adjuster out and noticed that where the adjuster screw goes into the actual pump is a o-Ring that is like almost cut or coming apart inside the unit. . . Sucks becuase i have to baby it for it to not go under 10 pounds. thanks for the help so far guys keep it coming. Also i have the wiring harness that came with the raptor

Huh? I thought these pumps were pretty much bullit proof! The only one I like better is the Fuel Boss but too much $$$$$$I'm keeping an eye on this thread just so I can learn about the Raptor. Thanks for posting here. Great site, Micheal & his guys know a lot about Dodges & Cummins. Welcome!Dave

• Owner

When i did the new 1/2" lines i cleaned the screen. My straw looks almost like yours with the notches on it except i cut V's in the straw, 3 of them. Also this is my second pump (the newer Black ones). . . . First one burnt up somehow (in 3 years) Another thing is when the pump was mounted the pressure adjuster got stuck so i took the pump out and put it on the bench and took the adjuster out and noticed that where the adjuster screw goes into the actual pump is a o-Ring that is like almost cut or coming apart inside the unit. . . Sucks becuase i have to baby it for it to not go under 10 pounds. thanks for the help so far guys keep it coming. Also i have the wiring harness that came with the raptor

There is either a line restriction or the pump is failing again... Typical fuel system...
It acceptable to be as high as 5 PSI drop but that it... Beyond that it going to be one or the other line restriction or pump is dying...