• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Here ya go, As soon as I get here running I will clean up the head and see if the cracks or what ever I find and post. Oh one thing I didnt get a pic of was the underside of intake plate, it had a black spot like the valves where leaking bad.

post-30-138698172109_thumb.jpg

post-30-138698172115_thumb.jpg

post-30-138698172122_thumb.jpg

post-30-13869817213_thumb.jpg

These pics where taken right after head was pulled, no clean up was done. If you look at the swerils in the head and pistons that has a strange look. The valves are really caked up, then piston not that bad, how does that happen. Number 1 has weird white carbon and others have caked black. I will take it down a little at a time and take better pics then. Should have here fired up by noon tomorrow.

i was noticing that some of the valves around the seat were "coked" up.that could be from alot of idling time?if so i know back in the day when i was helping the rig welders..the trucks would be running/idling all day long during pipelining..and or alot of start and stops to where as the engine couldn't reach full temp....may need to tie a trailor on and tug it up a long hill and get it hot...as in the egts hitting close to max and burning the soot out...but since you have the head off you will be able to clean the soot out safely...thank you for the pics!!:thumbup2:

notice how you can see the injector spray on 2-5, but on 1 and 6, not so much...i have always been told that 1 and 6 are the hottest cylinders, so why are they the dirtiest?

interesting - subscribed .... so whats the plan - the new machined head going on today/tomorrow ??

Sneak peek... I know that JL Welding got his truck running today... I heard it for myself... He's tickled to death that it runs so much better... But i'm going to let him tell the rest of the tale... :thumbup2:

Man you said you wouldnt tell everybody man whats up with that? LOL Well you know how it is, somethings just got to bite you one more time. I had injectors bled and was talking to Mike with eng. running when all the sudden my jaw hit the floor, I forgot to tighten the rocker pedstall's, Valves all adjusted and everything. The rockers where just bumped down with air rachet, no torque just bumped. And what's weird is all intakes where tight and ex where loose. Now that was weird, I still cant figure that one. I thought they would all be tight. Anyway that's it go ahead and laugh, Oh thats not all I left injector line 4 loose and gave my truck a diesel bath. It's all nice and shiny now lol.

Man you said you wouldnt tell everybody man whats up with that? LOL Oh thats not all I left injector line 4 loose and gave my truck a diesel bath. It's all nice and shiny now lol.

I updated in other read - ROCK ON !!! Whats wrong with a diesel bath - we should bottle it .......... mmdbs.com (MoparMenDieselBathSpray.com) :tease: