• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

what size injectors for towing

I have a little experience towing things. I think towing distances requires two things: 1. Reliability 2. Fuel mileage. As far as reliabity goes the less power you make the easier on the motor you are. I myself try to balance between enough power to not have to downshift much and how long I want my tranny to last. Fuel mileage is also a big concern if you are getting paid to drive. A 3000 miles cross country trip can cost $900 at 10 mpg and $750 at 12 mpg. It's easy to see that less can be more. I currently have 100's in my truck. I think they get a little less mileage than my 75's did but they get up to sped faster and they pull the hills a lot better. I would be afraid to have a bigger injector than I have. I actually think I might have too big of an injector because I prefer fuel mileage over not having to downshift.

/ don't blame ya.....thought about twins for pullin' in the hill's and cooler egt's?

lookie here...

--- Update to the previous post...

and who said you couldnt tow with big injectors..sent jaime a message last night and thse are 275 h.p. over stock injectors and is running a bd special turbo.

man that guy is nice/helpful.

I got a msg back everytime within 24 hours ......... and even an invoice PDF this morning .........:thumbup2:

I have a little experience towing things. I think towing distances requires two things: 1. Reliability 2. Fuel mileage. As far as reliabity goes the less power you make the easier on the motor you are. I myself try to balance between enough power to not have to downshift much and how long I want my tranny to last. Fuel mileage is also a big concern if you are getting paid to drive. A 3000 miles cross country trip can cost $900 at 10 mpg and $750 at 12 mpg. It's easy to see that less can be more. I currently have 100's in my truck. I think they get a little less mileage than my 75's did but they get up to sped faster and they pull the hills a lot better. I would be afraid to have a bigger injector than I have. I actually think I might have too big of an injector because I prefer fuel mileage over not having to downshift.

What kinda of mileage are you getting?

Yikes :stuned: I'll say - let us know about that one :thumbup2:

It is probably going to be spring before I have everything together. That's just in time for it to be nice enough to work on it though. I will post something when I get it all together.