• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hey Flagman

dorkweed

Gosh, after seeing your pix, I feel worthless and weak!!!! LOL LOL Very COOL!!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup Can you help me out here.......Is it proper "flag etiquette" to fly a flag under the USA flag on the same flag pole??? The lower flag in my picture is the NRA flag. They're probably the most Pro-America/Pro-Flag as any organization can get. I've got a kind of small yard, so another flag pole would be taking up space. All the best!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup

Sure, ok to fly another flag below US, you got it right. It's great that you fly the flag(s).

I'm a historical re-enactor... it took many years & much wifely tollerance to collect them. I use the display as an opportunity to walk the public through history. It's so much more fun then book learning!

I use the CTD to get to events!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I lost my horse about a year ago... Nick was 28 years old (I'd had him since he was 4). It's just not the same without him.

Russ

Posted Image

Nick loved being a re-enactor where he had his own "personna" as the favorite mount of a mountainman/explorer c 1830.

Posted Image

Nick was especially fond of "camp life"... most horses in the North East don't hobble. Nick really enjoyed being hobbled on the grass,

Posted Image

followed by nap time. Any horsemen (& women) will know how unusual it is for horses to lie down with people arround. Yes, that lump is Nick contentedly sleeping while camps are erected all around him. I had to prevent people from setting up too close, so Nick could have his space.

For the power guys out there, who think it is gettin too far off topic...

Posted Image

There's "Makin Smoke"... and then there's "MAKING SMOKE!" (The little brass gun in the foreground stays at my house.)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Russ, are you a Rifleman? Member of the Revolutionary War Veteran's Association?

Here is a picture or my boy Mr. Mingo. in the middle with the white spot on his forehead. Miss Honey is the palomino, and Miss Arya is in the back (she is my daughters horse)

Posted Image

This is our most recent addition Miss Lady. She is due to foal any day.

Posted Image

Very sorry to hear about Nick. I know how easy it is to become so attached to them. They are like members of the family.

Hi,I participate in Rev War & Fur Trade Era events. Locally, most sites are Rev War, which is the Era the flag display covers.I belong to the Quoketaug Rangers Historical Reenactment Club based in nearby Ct. Our big annual event is the "Original NorthEast Primitive Rendezvous" which moves locations through out North East... is a 10-12 day encampment. Covers 1750-1840. My MS has really shut down my ability to do physical activity lately.

• 4 months later...

I'm getting ready for my flag events. Pictures of my exhibit at Smith's Castle, NK, RI

Posted Image

Richard Smith bought the site from Roger Williams when he returned to England to defend the Rhode Island's charter in 1651.

Posted Image

The Eagle flag solo... in real silk.

I'm going to be at Erie Canal Village in Rome, NY for flag day weekend (June 13, 14)... my brother works there.

June 20, 21 I'll have my display on the Old Norwichtown Green, Norwich, CT for their 350th Anniversary encampment. The display now numbers 20 flags with #21 (a custom made flag) on order.

Russ

• 3 weeks later...

Posted Image

I was invited to spend Flagday weekend at Erie Canal Village, Rome, NY... visitor's inspecting the exhibit.

Posted Image

The 20 flags in the exhibit exhibit took up 2 sides of the village green.

Posted Image

My place of honor on the porch of the "tavern" to answer questions. That high-backed rocker was a life saver after I fell the first night (a risk with MS) & screwed up my back...

Posted Image

Real horse power... the team coming over the low bridge from the village to the tow path.

Posted Image

Canal boat underway... the objective is to not let the canal boat follow the tow line into the bank!

Posted Image

My good wife, Sheila, playing / singing canal songs on the canal. The ECV musicians were most welcoming.

Posted Image

My Bro's "toy trains"... he restored this steam locomotive & built the replica cars. Makin smoke has a different meaning to him.