• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok guess I am just stupid. Repacing my radiator and got it out without having to remove the fan clutch.But tried and couldn't budge it. Searched this site and other places on how to remove it. Some places say there are holes in pulley mine does not. Tried using a rubber belt ratchet thing to hold pulley. Didn't work. Found this pic of tools to use but not sure what that 71 mm wrench holds. post-10242-138698173209_thumb.jpgThe 36 goes on nut holding fan clutch but where does 71 mm wrench go to ????Thanks Rob

I have been able to get the fan off with a large set of grove joint pliers (think Channelocks) along with a block of wood and a hammer. Put the pliers on the fan hub nut, put block of wood on handle of said pliers and WHACK!! Usually works. Sometimes it takes a few smacks, but those wrenches are a superior method than what I have done. Just remember LEFT hand threads on the hub nut.

• Owner

I have been able to get the fan off with a large set of grove joint pliers (think Channelocks) along with a block of wood and a hammer. Put the pliers on the fan hub nut, put block of wood on handle of said pliers and WHACK!! Usually works. Sometimes it takes a few smacks, but those wrenches are a superior method than what I have done. Just remember LEFT hand threads on the hub nut.

Yeah remember as your stand in front of the truck the fan loosens towards the driver side.

Thanks Terry for reminding me... :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the replies. I got the wrench set from oreilly's and it worked perfect. Thanks for the pic mopar it expalined the wrench on the pulley perfect. I kept lookin at my pulley thinkin there is no flat spot anywhere for that wrench to grab :lol:. When I saw the pic and got the wrench it made sense. Thanks everyone. I ordered the radiator onliine and it got here this morning. But the overflow spout got broke in shipping so will ship it back. aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgh. Talked to the radiator shop here before I ordered on line I swear he told $310 when I called him. I thought oh well I am just going to have to bite the bullet cause i can't wait another 2 days and I call him back and now he tells me $190 $ 20 bucks cheaper than what I bought it online for:banghead:. Oh well. Will go get it this afternoon and then git er done.Thanks Rob