• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

That was among one of the first trial fixes there was many years ago and like some in the thread stated every rig is different and history has shown that particular fix rendered fewer positive long term results than most other fixes. But it is a zreo cost method to try and do as it will hurt nothing.

Sounds like the suncoast fix but without cutting the wire and regrounding it.It goes like this.That same wire goes to the apps.You cut it ground both ends to the battery.Before i replaced my harness.3 years ago my tranny was searching for the gear and the suncoast fix works too.I did it.

• Owner

Question I love to ask is why did the truck run nearly 8-10 years now without any issues and didn't need a wiring mod (added ground wire) or add on equipment (noise filters)... Then now all of a sudden it needs these things?

Something has wore out or changed...

[*]Alternator diode shorted out

[*]APPS sensor failing (wore spot in the carbon strip)

[*]Bad grounds on either battery (passenger side - PCM / Driver side - ECM)

But always amazed me of this weird issue... Only Automatic see this problem... :shrug:

Question I love to ask is why did the truck run nearly 8-10 years now without any issues and didn't need a wiring mod (added ground wire) or add on equipment (noise filters)... Then now all of a sudden it needs these things?

Something has wore out or changed...

[*]Alternator diode shorted out

[*]APPS sensor failing (wore spot in the carbon strip)

[*]Bad grounds on either battery (passenger side - PCM / Driver side - ECM)

But always amazed me of this weird issue... Only Automatic see this problem... :shrug:

Yeah - and I know/agree what your thinking/said before - about trying to fix the source of the problem - isolate the bad voltage/wiring signal. But for plebs like me sometimes it might be too hard - so good to know there's a fix you can try inbetween thats not going to kill the budget.

As for auto's -> because of the solenoids in the VB etc that work off voltage signals to open/close and control the TC lockup and otehr things ...... you guys just have a mechanical clutch ..... don't know what electrical goes in yours (if anything) hahaha !!

:)

• Owner

What I'm hoping for that someone figure out what exactly is failing to cause the TQ Conv porblems nad shift issues... Because these truck run thousands and thousands of miles and never have a single issues till one day BAM! Shift trouble... There is a answer to this problem... But I don't believe in chopping up a electrical system or adding device(s) to cover up a problem...

What I'm hoping for that someone figure out what exactly is failing to cause the TQ Conv porblems nad shift issues... Because these truck run thousands and thousands of miles and never have a single issues till one day BAM! Shift trouble... There is a answer to this problem... But I don't believe in chopping up a electrical system or adding device(s) to cover up a problem...