• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well, I figured I might as well try them both since I've never driven the truck with any 4WD setting. I didn't drive the truck in the 4LO range since I couldn't go any faster, and noticed a big difference with the HI range.This is the first truck I've ever owned... I'm not familiar with 4WD.

Well, I figured I might as well try them both since I've never driven the truck with any 4WD setting. I didn't drive the truck in the 4LO range since I couldn't go any faster, and noticed a big difference with the HI range. This is the first truck I've ever owned... I'm not familiar with 4WD.

Yeah there is nothing that says do this and this to put it in 4LO, well there is but even that grinds half the time so its always just a live and learn thing, everyone else with a 4wd went through the same stuff their first time.. But yeah 2-4hi is synchronized and everything, go in and out whenever you want as long as the engine isn't putting power to it (so let off the pedal for a second). 4 LO is interesting and yeah I just turn the truck off to remove all doubt.

Well, I figured I might as well try them both since I've never driven the truck with any 4WD setting. I didn't drive the truck in the 4LO range since I couldn't go any faster, and noticed a big difference with the HI range. This is the first truck I've ever owned... I'm not familiar with 4WD.

AAHH I got ya going through a step one learning curve.:thumb1: Glad to help. Even if it grinds a little it will not hurt a thing unless you got one foot on the dash and you are trying to pull through the grind lol, have seen people try this before also. If ya can't find em grind em, I'll take a pound of that also..........Old jokes for people who like to grind gears.:lmao:

LOL! That's a funny way of putting it. I guess I was left traumatized after I had borrowed my dad's Chevy Silverado to go to school a couple of years ago. He specifically told me how to put it on and take it off, but I was in such a hurry to leave that I missed a few parts. He's one of those "detail by detail" people and explains everything so calmly and pacifically. Anyway, I remember trying to put it in 2WD and pulled and pryed on the stick, and heard all kinds of grinding noises and a big "CLUNK". After that, I knew it was toast, and since then I was like "Never again will I drive a stinkin' 4WD truck". And here I am, seasoning and salting my words as I am now an owner of one. I get a lot of hell from him for that, still to this day. LOL:lmao: