• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

i just spoke to the shop tha has my truck. he is telling me the ecm is toast. He says his obdIII would not communicate with the truck until he disconnected the ecm and when he plugged it back in he lost communication. communication with everything else was good while the ecm was disconnected. i dont know alot about this stuff, but it sounds logical and if you saw the computer the rebuilder gave me you would understand. weather tightness is questionable. he quoted me $1000 for a computer from dodge which is cheaper than they quoted me. i am going to send the rebuilt one back plug in make sure it works then put it up for emergency. got a 5 year warranty on it. already used it once and it took 5 weeks to get it back. what thought s might any of you have on this?

well old blue runs again. the ecm was the culprit. dont think i would go the rebuild route again. this is the second time this one has gone out and it is most inconvenient. gonna let them put my clutch in while he has it. keeping my fingers crossed we find nothing else worn out when it comes apart. i am worried ther might be something wrong with the tranny. i will know soon enough.

well old blue runs again. the ecm was the culprit. dont think i would go the rebuild route again. this is the second time this one has gone out and it is most inconvenient. gonna let them put my clutch in while he has it. keeping my fingers crossed we find nothing else worn out when it comes apart. i am worried ther might be something wrong with the tranny. i will know soon enough.

well that would explain no communication....glad to hear that is fixed. i hope your clutch is all that is left.:spend:

i got my truck back today and drove it:hyper:. my cruise control works again:hyper::hyper::hyper:. i sure missed that one. my new clutch is a little chattery, i hope that is because it is new. seemed to get a little better as i drove it. it is also a little more aggresive than the stock one. i was surprised to see that the oe was only about 65% gone. i suspected alot more wear after 220k. the tranny shifts like a hot knife thru butter, but still pushes out of 1st and rev. i have a new shift tower coming and will install and see if that helps. If not ill start sving my nickels and dimes for a rebuild. all donations are accepted and appreciated. anyway, thanks for all of y'alls help and suggestions. my truck is under my ___ again.