• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My new Exhaust: Diamond Eye Performance 5" TBE

Just a quick post about my new exhaust. I had only a stock downpipe and a short piece, cut off right before the OE muffler, coupled with a turn-down. That was it..So I got a Diamond Eye Galv. Steel 5" turbo-back exhaust from my buddy Jeremy @ Disturbed Diesel.Removal of the stock downpipe was a little rugged, with my (5) 6-inch extensions put together, a 13mm socket, ratchet, PB Blaster, and JB-80.PBB wouldn't do squat, so I shot it with JB-80 and out the two bolts came. post-10339-138698174413_thumb.jpgAs you can see, the new DP is 3" bell to 4" downpipe, to 5" adapter, then 5" the rest of the way. In the above picture, there's a 40" x 5" piece of tube not shown. This piece would later prove to need cut down to around 19", and used pre-muffler.Took me a few hours to install, laying on my back, 30-35*F and breezy, in the driveway. The directions were as generic as you can get, so it took some thought process, and a little creativity to get it all mounted, and use as many factory hanger positions as possible.I ultimately located pieces as such:DP > Adptr > 40" section > muffler > 19" section(cut earlier) > over-axle > Tail section (end needs shortened, as it'll clear a DRW application, as well.)I actually ended up welding the adapter to the 40" section to eliminate the need for that clamp.I ended it it all with a 6" SS tip, just to 'dress' it up a touch. Even if it's like putting lipstick on a hog.. :cookoo:Results: I can HEAR again!! I can hear the engine over the exhaust, whereas I've not been able to do so, prior. And I get to turn the radio down now :)And the turbo whistle is very pronounced. As for the exhaust note, it's a lot deeper tone, and sounds pretty good, actually. Once the muffler gets a few hot-cycles on it, I'll let you know how it sounds then, as I assume it'll get a touch louder, and better tone to it. We'll see, though.

post-10339-138698174413_thumb.jpg

Justice Brothers, JB-80. Not in your mainstream stores, but your locals, mom/pop places (NAPA, etc.)

Posted Image

About 6-7$ can, but well worth it IMO. I'll walk around 10 cans of WD40 and such, to get to my can of JB-80. HOWEVER, do NOT use it to lube a drill bit drilling through metal. It's got friction modifiers and will STOP the friction/cutting... Yes, it will. :doh:

They've got tons of stuff (additives and such), and all are great products. I used to be a distributor for JB products, and was always blown away at their functionality and doing what they say they'll do.

edit: Oh yeah, the exhaust was under $500.

--- Update to the previous post...

Other stuff I use are the diesel fuel supplements, chain lubes, internal engine cleaners, oil treatments, gear oil treatments, etc.. Yes, I really believe in the stuff, even though I'm no longer affiliated with them.

Posted Image

DIESEL FUEL ANTIGEL

for trucks

Part No. DFA/77BPS

Improves cold weather starting

[*]Reduces smoke emissions

[*]Cleans injectors and fuel systems

[*]Contains no alcohol, disperses water

[*]Prevents fuel filter icing

[*]Reduces cold filter plug point

Posted Image

DIESEL FUEL SUPPLEMENT

for trucks

Part No. DFS/77AP

Improves cold weather starting

[*]Reduces smoke emissions

[*]Increases power and torque

[*]Improves cold weather starting

[*]Cleans injectors and fuel systems

[*]Disperses water, contains cetane improver

Good looking exhaust setup. I remember doing mine at night in a wet driveway after work because I HAD to have it in that night. I still have all the socket extensions rolling around my tool box 3 years later.... just in case.Any video of it yet?

So I got a Diamond Eye Galv. Steel 5" turbo-back exhaust from my buddy Jeremy @ Disturbed Diesel. Removal of the stock downpipe was a little rugged, with my (5) 6-inch extensions put together, a 13mm socket, ratchet, PB Blaster, and JB-80. Took me a few hours to install, laying on my back, 30-35*F and breezy, in the driveway. The directions were as generic as you can get, so it took some thought process, and a little creativity to get it all mounted, and use as many factory hanger positions as possible.

Don't know what the big deal is ??? http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=100670098&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=100670098&ci_src=14110944&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D25X-_-100670098&locStoreNum=159&marketID=1 hahah Kidding - nice job - always wondered what 5" would be like ;) (so does my missus !! ) Post a video sometime starting her up !!

• Like 1

I tried to video it with my phone, as that's the only video device I have, but it records in some wacky format, that I can't seem to play on the laptop, and a short vid is huge in MB.. :banghead:

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's at least a '67 Beetle, or older, huh!

--- Update to the previous post...

I really like my new Diamond Eye 4" with muffler that I got for Christmas!!!:hyper:

The way it was....

NOW!!

Your 4" DE exhaust has that same little fluttery sound mine has. sounds like, oh, I dunno.. a tiny exhaust leak at the outlet LOL

Yeah.. I need a smoke switch, like you've got in your video ;)

One day, I'll get a programmer, I guess..

My (last) old Beetle.:

Posted Image

'65 chop top, 2285cc Pauter motor, bus trans, dual 48IDA Webers, 13:1 CR,, a little "spray", etc., etc..

• Like 1