• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My new Exhaust: Diamond Eye Performance 5" TBE

Not now, but have had many in the past. Everything from a '53 RHD beetle w/1300km (yes, 1300 kilometers), to several late 50s, a few early 60s sliding rags, couple 67s, 23 window micro, a double cab, a barn door, ghias, and 3 914s. :thumb1:

Wow man, that's awesome!! My steadish mechanical gig has been working a '66 Beetle that has been through a full resto. I've got the task of helping put it all back together. It's got all sorts of custom stuff on it, from 4 wheel disc to a 1914cc engine. The next project from him is a '63 15 window in need of a complete resto but the price was right!! Before I bought my Dodge, I looked a early 60s single cab but they wanted more than it was worth with what it needed. I still kick myself for not buying the double cab that I saw down in Eureka Springs VW show a few years ago. It was like $6500, which I thought was high..... Yeah right!!:cry::doh:

• 1 year later...

Hey Rick... I got my 5" D.E. exhaust kit last week and was working on it last night.. Ran into some issues during the fitting...In one of those pics you sent me (PM), I saw your hanger downstream of the muffler is on the angled part of your over-the-axle pipe.. How's that working for you? Has it slipped at all. My hanger, when vertical, if right on the bend of that pipe.. post-10066-138698187179_thumb.jpgSo I'm contemplating on moving it to where you did.. Or trying to grab the last horizontal bit of that pipe, just before the elbow. Also, did you have a hanger on your tailpipe? DE sent one hanger bracket that I think is for the tailipe.. But the hanger rod is about 4 inches too short to reach the rubber isolator. This piece... post-10066-138698187176_thumb.jpgAny other readers first hand opinions are definitely appreciated. Right now.. It looks like I'll be having issues fitting the over-the-axle piece with my spare tire in place, So I'm thinking about trimming this pipe on the muffler end. What do you guys think about this? Sam

Awesome.. .Thanks! I'll have to get under there this week and see what I can do. That helps, surely. About that pipe up front.. Did you get it past the crossmember? I'd like to use my expansion joint as far forward as possible.. But not sure if it can fit through the cross member opening. Looks like it might, but it'd be tight (especially with that sensor that sticks off the back passenger side of the transmission housing). Sam

Sounds good... Thanks Rick. While you're at it... How far forward do you run the 5"? It looks like you got it through the t-case cross member.

I didn't get a pick of that, and it's raining right now, so I'll do that later.. But basically, my DE 5" is a 4" downpipe. Where if turns under the floorboard, it goes back about 6", then the adapter from 4" to 5" is there, then it's 5" the rest of the way. The 5" goes over the trans cross-member, etc.

Cool, thanks for all the help, Rick. I appreciate it. I got my system closer to finished this weekend. Had to trim the tailpipe pieces to get it over the axle and free of the spare... So now I need to fine tune the angles of the pipe and elbows so the tip can fit on the pipe.. Then tighten all the clamps, touch up the paint and that's it. I'll post my pics when finished. I ended up putting my expansion joint just after the support hanger that attaches to the transmission.. I would not have had enough room (without doing some fabbing of electrical and hangers) for the 5" pipe running over the cross member. Bummer.