Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heavyd1980

Posi Lock Cable

Heavyd1980

Ok guys my question is who is running or had experience with these http://www.4x4posi-lok.com/app_dodge.html??? If you are running one whats the install like, op's like, what does the install look like in the cab, etc.? for the price it doesnt look too bad but i would like to hear from you guys.

Heavyd1980

well the final install doesnt look horrible, i wonder what the rest of the install is like (their website only shows the install on a Chevy) and the operation of the system.

Rogan

The install is fairly simple, to be honest. You're changing the fork hat from vacuum to cable operation (obviously), and there's no other real tricky parts involved.

Heavyd1980

well i was kinda curious about the op's in cold weather? Do you have any experience with these Rogan?

Rogan

I've put them on Jeeps. They seem to work just fine; it isn't a real issue, AFAIK.the other nice think is, you can use it as a 2L transfer case option.. Engaging 4L, but not the front axle.. ;)

Rogan

yeah, it makes it kinda nice when you need that slow, low gear, but on hard surface (like backing up a big trailer, etc.)

Prowelder

I've never put one in but knew a rancher with one that the shop I worked for installed and my old boss said it wasn't hard to do. Pretty handy to have I think, I'd like to have one so I would have 2L for trailers and such.:thumb1:

Heavyd1980

thanks Winslow. i just used my 4by the other night with the snow and all and i wasnt real sure that it was in 4by. so i thought about all the wonderful vacuum lines to run down.

Prowelder

thanks Winslow. i just used my 4by the other night with the snow and all and i wasnt real sure that it was in 4by. so i thought about all the wonderful vacuum lines to run down.

Heavyd1980

well thats what i was concerned about every time i have engaged the 4by i have never seen the light!:doh:

Rogan

my 4wd light is inop, but I know when it's engaged, by the steering

Prowelder

well thats what i was concerned about every time i have engaged the 4by i have never seen the light!:doh:

Heavyd1980

and see i've thought about that as well, but im still pretty new to this truck and this is the first winter i've had it so im still learning the truck.

Prowelder

and see i've thought about that as well, but im still pretty new to this truck and this is the first winter i've had it so im still learning the truck.

Prowelder

ok i will give that a shot when the snow goes away. thanks Winslow

Heavyd1980

well ive had it in 4by on the dry pavement but it was always in a straight line.

Heavyd1980

well i found some dry road and gave it a try and i cant tell any difference at all in the steering with the tcase in 4hi. so i guess the next step is to jack the truck front and back and try it in 2 wheel and 4 wheel and see if the front tires turn.:banghead:

Prowelder

well i found some dry road and gave it a try and i cant tell any difference at all in the steering with the tcase in 4hi. so i guess the next step is to jack the truck front and back and try it in 2 wheel and 4 wheel and see if the front tires turn.:banghead:

Yeah if you didn't notice it on dry pavement than your 4wd isn't working... does your heater and cruise control work fine? Just wondering if your vac line has come off the pump?:shrug: