• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Drawstraw Troubles (gromment)

Does anyone know where someone could find the gromment for the fuel tank where the plumbing (suction/ return) lines go into tank? Mine was in bad shape and need to replace soon. Went to Dodge and said they cannot get it because the have supercided it so many times:banghead:. They wanted to know if i had the number that is on the gromment and they could search but it is torn there. Anyone have there tank exposed so they can see the number? Or have a location on where to get one? Any help would be greatful.

The grommet in the kit was for airdog drawstraw, not vulcan. We are to use the one that you already have in your module. Carefully remove it. Mine was brittle and cracked, Used some permatex gasket/sealer to hold it together but think it might leak on a full tank.

• 3 weeks later...

My Fuel tank is leaking at gromment where the drawstraw is at:banghead:. Need to pull the tank again. I have looked around the net and have not found a gromment to replace the one i have. Wrecking yard is next I guess. New module seem to have the plumbing cast into the housing ( no gromment ) so you could not modified it without breaking it. Before i put it back together i will take the number on the grommet down to Dodge part house and see if the will be able to find me one. If not :(.

I will see if i can get some pics today. Wish i didn't use the draw straw though. Had to use old grommet & lower fuel tank because it rub on the bottom of my bed. Should have put the pickup at the top of tank and return the fuel at the filler neck.