• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hey I manage a NAPA and in 99 they did offer abs the NAPA # is BR930491 for the left and # BR930492 for the right these are NAPA's premium SKF brand hub and carry a 3yr warranty.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I can't afford $800 just for the bearings:spend: thats why I was wondering if a 2000 is the same. I can get them for $99 each

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I can't afford $800 just for the bearings:spend: thats why I was wondering if a 2000 is the same. I can get them for $99 each

No it looks like the 98-99 w/abs were by them selfs 00-02 are differnt. if you wanted to save $ you may be able to use the non abs ones but your abs light might stay on and obviously not work tuesday I will be back at work and check it out for you.
  • Like 1

My wheel bearings are shot and I'm having trouble finding the right ones. My truck is a 99 and has front ABS, is this unusual? Th person at hub and bearing warehouse didn't know that 99's came with front ABS. Would bearings for a 2000 work? :shrug:

Have you tried Rock Auto(google search) Timken or E-bay?
  • Like 1

I'm a little confused. Bearings are bearings & hubs are hubs. Are you saying that the races (cups) cannot be replaced without replacing the hubs?I recently took the same stroll but to fix a different problem. A previous owner had run the front brake pads down to metal-to-metal & damaged the braking surface on the rotor. I removed the rotors/hubs & took them in to the machine shop. Naturally there wasn't enough thickness left to resurface & was advised to replace the hubs. I shopped around (picked my jaw up off the floor) & decided to go the import route; ~$175 each from Advance Auto. But I saved $50 each on the purchase by buying on-line & using the discount code "visa" - don't know if the code is still operational. The new hubs came with the races already installed - maybe because they are not replaceable. If so, that's a hell of a note. No complaints so far with the import hubs. Haven't really worked them hard but they are smooth as silk. They look identical to the OEM items & ABS is functional.Good luck,Joe in St Louis

Yes thier is a differnce between a cheap china brg and a good oem spec brg. My brg rep (yes he reps our SKF premium and cheap china ones) said the good SKF uses all oem quality bearings and sensors in fact SKF builds most oem brgs. He also said that the premium brg is designed to go 100K plus miles and most of the cheapys are designed to go 25K. As for the sealed hub brgs are used in 4wd applications and the brg race combos are 2wd apps.

Yes thier is a differnce between a cheap china brg and a good oem spec brg. My brg rep (yes he reps our SKF premium and cheap china ones) said the good SKF uses all oem quality bearings and sensors in fact SKF builds most oem brgs. He also said that the premium brg is designed to go 100K plus miles and most of the cheapys are designed to go 25K. As for the sealed hub brgs are used in 4wd applications and the brg race combos are 2wd apps.

Lots of them are china.I know of 2 people with more than 25k on the cheap ones.For 100 bucks to me it is worth if i get 60 to 100k out of them.

When i was in need i looked around and all of them i checked out were china,Napa etc.All the big name stores.I am sure if i looked around i could of found usa made.But 650.00 vs 200 it was a no brainer for me,plus it is not a hard job to do.

Thanks everyone for the input. I found Timken bearings at Rock Auto for $204 each. That's the best I could find. Hub and Bearing Warehouse has great prices but don't carry 99 with ABS. I have always had good luck with Timken. I'm also going with MOOG ball joints and replacing the ujoints while I'm there. Unfortunately I'll be in the cold in the driveway and we are under a blizzard warning right now.