• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Banks Ram

Calltrex

• Owner

3rd Gens are known for the choke in the neck of the stock air horn if you look inside where the bolt grooves are there is a narrow opening. So this make sense on you performance change and quicker spool up. http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxVio9bCsNJxPUgMNYWT4d4Rq6Nx6yebthWwtU2OX1sma7kLZ4&t=1

• Like 1

I run the GDP and it certainly did make a difference in throttle responce, low-mid range boost numbers, spool time, intake air temp, and just looks better than stock!

I'd rather pay for Richards stuff (GDP) and install it on my truck than get something for free from Banks and put in my truck. No offense meant to the OP............Gale Banks is a "tool"!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

I'd rather pay for Richards stuff (GDP) and install it on my truck than get something for free from Banks and put in my truck. No offense meant to the OP............Gale Banks is a "tool"!!

That's how I feel! When I was considering keeping my HE351 and making the WG functional I was shopping for a different WG actuator. I have heard things about the Banks one, so I called them to talk about it. When I told them it was for an 05 he almost hung-up, as it wont work.. Wanted to slap the guy thru the phone... Anyways, I explained why it would work and asked what boost level the WG would open at. He told me stock, okay. I asked for the part number for a 03-04, he told me they were all the same part number for Dodge. I asked how they can all be the same part number and open at stock boost when the stock boost has varied over the years. He said he didn't know, but they would only build stock boost... Really?? Talk about an idiot!

• 2 weeks later...

Can I get a link to this "GDP" site? I'm new to all this & shopping around for modifications...