• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Is there a fix for the Key dinger/ buzzer

• Owner

Can't unplug it... The dinger/door chime is inside the central timer box. So if you unplug that you loose a bunch of stuff like your wipers, security alarm, keyless entry, etc... The best you can do is find the central timer and look at the side of it and you'll see a grill hole for the chime you can cover it with duct tape and then warp the unit in cloth to muffle the noise...

Well the problem is, when I leave the truck I have tinker with it to keep it from chiming. Then in the morning I walk up to the truck and I can hear it going off. I think it's in the ignition switch. No one else has this problem? It's like the switch isn't off and there is a fine line as to where it shuts off.

Anyone know anything about the keyless entry? I have 2 key pads and one worked 1 time and I put new batteries in it and now both don't work at all. Any way to reprogram them?

What kind of dinging do the 24V's have? Mine is a electromagnet coil that rattles these discs around. I know how to take it apart and disable it (actually on a 12V you can just take it out). I just don't know what a 24V uses.

• Owner

What kind of dinging do the 24V's have? Mine is a electromagnet coil that rattles these discs around. I know how to take it apart and disable it (actually on a 12V you can just take it out). I just don't know what a 24V uses.

Looking at his sig, which one is he talking about? If it is your 12V we can fix it.. 24V, SOL :lol:

I relized that later on... :duh: ISX is right thou... Like usual... Now I know why I hired him... :smart:

Well I got to thinking some more and if you can find this speaker thing in that chip, can't you desolder the speaker? Cut the printed connection that goes to it, something?

--- Update to the previous post...

I relized that later on... :duh:

ISX is right thou... Like usual... Now I know why I hired him... :smart:

I am only as right as the people who correct me :thumb1:

Mine won't lock the doors if the headlights are on or key is in the ignition. Found out the headlights part later on, called it everything in the book and just left the doors unlocked. Walked off, turned around (was night when I got in, daylight when I got to the store), said there is no way, turned headlights off, doors locked. :shrug: Lets see a cadillac do that.