• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

If I recall, that is only on automatics and yes there is supposed to be a cover there that you can take off to allow you to take the torque converter bolts out.

Its been like that ever since I've owned the truck (1 year) will it hurt anything? Any one know where I can get a replacement?

To confirm, it is this thing, called the torque converter inspection plate. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-powertrain/192928-torque-converter-inspection-plate-questions-47re.html

I don't think it will hurt anything (obviously, since you haven't had it in a long time), it just keeps crap out, but you should really get one just incase you end up going through mud or other things that could happen to wreak havoc. Junkyards probably have them.

Here's a pic of it missing from that link.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Probably. If you can see that much of the converter then its definitely that plate missing, just go find another trans in the junkyard and your problem will be solved :thumb1:

Yeah that's it and it's held on by 3 or 4 small bolts ... I would get a cover for it from yard as Isx said to keep dust from getting up ...

To get to the flexplate bolts you need to remove a little cover on the passengerside of the flywheel housing from the front right close to the engine barring tool hole. to go straigh into the bolts. You can't get the bolts throught the bottom.