• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Not enough room for BHAF?

I was a little disappointed this afternoon when I tried to install my new BHAF & it seemed like there wasn't enough space to close the hood.....I just got a Donaldson DuraLite off Vulcan Performance like a lot of folks are using.....Anybody have any idea how much space is usually left after installing the BHAF between the top of the filter & the hood.....It didn't really look like it fit to me & I definitely don't want any warping in the hood.....

Also, does anybody have an idea if those bolts for the factory air box can be taken out from the bottom side.....I didn't really feel like removing my fender liner to find out if they could be taken out.....wasn't sure if anybody had their's removed.....I just wanted to be able to put them back later in case I went back to the factory box...Thanks...

--- Update to the previous post...

sorry, accidentally put this one in the wrong forum....

Actually it all fits under the hood fine... As for the bolts you can use them to hold your heat shiled in place. Then while mounting the heat shield use backing nuts to hold the plate up a bit more so the top nuts are flush...

http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/personal/2002/bhaf/bhaf.htm

Posted Image

thanks, it was kind of hard to tell how much room is left between the hood & the filter when closing it....i'm starting to see that it's helpful to have the heat shield since it gives it a flat platform to sit in & probably doesn't move around as much when not using one.....i think i will defintely get a heat shield before trying to install it again.....