• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

when you install the 2 " levelling kit are you better to go with longer shocks,do you need to go with special rims so your tires don't rub against the frame?:cookoo:

I retained stock shocks as well. No issues at all. Stock wheels as well.
  • Like 1

Yeah a 2 inch leveling kit makes the front sit higher than the back, I installed the 2 in leveling spacers on my 05 ONLY because I installed a ranch hand bumper and it sagged the front down about 1/2 inch overall and with the 2 inch spacers raised it to 1/2 inch higher than stock which makes it sit level. I think they look dorky sitting higher in the front with nothing but the levelling spacer.:2cents:

My 02 I installed the heavy duty 988AA factory snowplow package springs and with the ranchhand bumper it sits exactly the same height as stock With the stock springs it sagged about 1/2 inch like my o5 did.

so when you want to go with 35" tires they say you need a 2" levelling kit so the tires will have more clearance,this is kind of odd they don't sell you a kit that lift the back end also.Now I need to make something up to lift the back,I sure don't want to drive around with the front higher than the back :rolleyes: