• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Various Fuel Pickups... or rather few options...

I'm really underwhelmed. I see elegant bilet machined fittings... that are seemingly "just" pressed into an inferior rubber gromet. There does not seem to be any compression... no nut on the inside. No flange bolted down. I see lots of pictures that seem to indicate fuel leakage on top of the tank. Am I missing something?I've worked on built tanks in the marine industry... Threaded holes. Under flanges with gaskets. Threaded tank tops. I've seen metal tanks fail (after immersion in salt water)... a handful in 20,000 installations. I've seen fill hoses get loose & leak... a couple in 20,000 installations. I just can't go for a defective design. It just seems that inferior designs are the norm here. I don't want to fill my truck to the cap (up the spout)... but it has happened. I have filled my old C30 saddle tanks (2) 20s to the cap, no leaks... sometimes on purpose before hooking up because it was hard to get fuel. If there is a couple of gallons in the fill pipe, it should not end up on the ground!!

Glad I am not the only one with this problem. Looked this week for grommet for module and found one at out of town dealer for $17 + s&h. hope this will fixes it. Vender said he was trying to get some grommets together but times are hard.