• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck sitting at garage... no work done...

I took it in late on Friday, March 4th. I knew it would not be worked on over that weekend but that was when the wife & I were both available to move it. I've called & stopped in periodically but tried not to be a time waster. Because I had some flexibility, I didn't make a fuss at first. Now, I feel I'm being used for a door mat. I know the guy recently had a baby... which can cause sleep fatigue issues.I know he makes less money on me as I have some of my own parts.I've done good there before but I am reaching the point where I'm going to take the truck out of there. I need this truck back... the other 2 family vehicles need service too. Waiting on this. *&^%$#@!

I have a call in to him. 9:30 am... his Dad answered... he's not expected in until 10 am?? WTF Is this a garage??

As of yesterday afternoon, it had not been touched. My parts are still in the back seat. The guy gave me a line "We've been busy" but frankly I expected an appology over the delay. I'd have never let an unhappy customer walk away. I've had good luck with them before... I need to find another place. Even if he does this work, I don't want to give him the next job.

I need this truck back in service. Wife's Subaru has a dripping head gasket. My car needs service. (leaky heater core, elusive vibration not tires... )

I need to find another shop. I'll start asking around.

--- Update to the previous post...

A friend has suggested a mechanic with a small shop near him... It's not convenient to get to. Apparently he'll work with your parts. I'm going to go meet the guy tomorrow when my friend drops off one of his vehicles...

I don't want to pull the truck until I have someplace to take it.

--- Update to the previous post...

I met my bud & went to meet his mechanic I left with an appointment on the 28th... swung by the non-work garage, got my keys & moved the truck to the "to be picked up" area. In the meantime, I'm going to get it state inspected elsewhere (just a safety inspection).

Not great timing... I have a colonoscopy on the 29th. (I hate these but I am prone to polyps... family history of colon cancer.) My buddy can move the truck if necessary.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bwashington

Giving the "we've been busy"line is just a lame excuse, its been weeks and they have not done the job that is not cool at all. I may have had some reasons that you may want to take into consideration but hey you have your own reasons why you need your truck to be done right! yeah, i highly suggest to get your other cars done someplace else since they will probably delay them also, time is gold!

I had enough... picked the truck up. Thing is it quit on the way to the diesel shop. I had it moved the rest of the way there via AAA flatbed. The diesel shop has had it running... electrical issues. I'm having a AD 150 & big line installed now.

About taking your part to the garage. When i was younger and worked in a tire shop someone wanted to bring in there parts from Pep Boys (cheap quality at the time) for us to install. The boss told the customer if he was to take his eggs the the cook at a restaurant, and ask them to cook them for you, what would the cook tell you? My thought, especially in todays world, money is money i would put the parts on but if they break you will pay me again to fix it. If they were my parts i would work with them.

Well at my shop, if the customer wants to bring in their own parts, they are welcome to! Actually I would rather them to bc if the parts have a warranty the warranty is in their name! If the part goes bad then I get paid to replace it an I'm not having to cover the time! It shouldn't matter who is furnishing the parts, the man brought his truck in for repair, he asked for it to be fixed!!! If the shop is really a repair shop and needs the business, the way the economy is today, they would be happy to complete any job!!!

I agree with 4U, as a mater a fact I'm out $438 for a water pump on my DD Volvo because the new WP went bad. I had to pay to have the dealer replace MY supplied part a second time! I had the timing belt/pulleys replaced and figured I would have them replace the WP at the same time. Yep the freaking WP went bad and I had to pay to have it replaced. Still waiting for the check from the manufacture for the parts and labor to be refunded, has been 6 weeks now!Now had I let the dealer supply the WP they would have to do it over on their dime not mine. Any shop that does not install customer supplied part is foolish IMO. Think about it, unless you screw up the install, you don't have to warranty the parts/labor, it's a win win for you. Don

I agree with 4U, as a mater a fact I'm out $438 for a water pump on my DD Volvo because the new WP went bad. I had to pay to have the dealer replace MY supplied part a second time! I had the timing belt/pulleys replaced and figured I would have them replace the WP at the same time. Yep the freaking WP went bad and I had to pay to have it replaced. Still waiting for the check from the manufacture for the parts and labor to be refunded, has been 6 weeks now! Now had I let the dealer supply the WP they would have to do it over on their dime not mine. Any shop that does not install customer supplied part is foolish IMO. Think about it, unless you screw up the install, you don't have to warranty the parts/labor, it's a win win for you. Don

Agreed:thumb1: