• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

92 cummins 350 , isnt charging, no seedo or od. , wont shift into overdrive

jimlbeam

OBD I instructions:

post-18-138698176618_thumb.gif

The Quick Paper Clip Test

Since we are looking at the connector pins, it should be mentioned here that a quick method to see which trouble code or codes are being set in your cars ECM is to jumper the A and B pins of the 12 pin ALDL OBD1 connector with a paper clip. While the car is off, sitting still, turn the ignition key forward while this jumper is in place. Do not start the car. The Service Engine Soon ( SES ) light will flash in a repeating sequence, telling which trouble codes have been set in the ECM. A service manual for your year car will have a chart outlining what each trouble code stands for, or this Trouble Code website can be of help. This paper clip method will tell you the trouble code or codes set in your ECM, but it will not tell you what conditions the trouble code is being set under, or let you clear the trouble codes on the fly.

• Like 1

I have a 92 cummins , that isnt charging and is only showing 12.3 volts . it wont shift into overdrive . also isnt reading speeds . I have replace the chank shaft sensener and that didnt seem to do much of anything .

My 91 had the same issues about 2 days before the pcm caught fire and destroyed my wiring harness. :banghead:

You have a problem with your pcm which controls all of your listed issues. I found a company on ebay that I am thinking about sending my pcm for a rebuild. All of the first generation pcm's seem to be going out these days. Make sure that you do not have a corrosion issue due to the close proximity of the battery then make sure that the pcm has the proper voltage, ground, etc.. You can add an external voltage regulator and use a gps for a speedometer until you can locate a good pcm.

• 1 year later...