• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just a general comment about alot of you guys

dobienut

As I sit here reading over alot of the posts on this forum day after day I will admit even though alot of these subjects are explained out and I can read and read until I turn blue, I still find alot of them hard to grasp to where I feel I could do what your talking about . I feel my capabilities are limited to brakes, wheel bearings, and the other minor things repairs are done to, nothing to the extent you guys do. I said it before and i'm saying it again, I would love to see alot of you guys put up against alot of Cummins mechanics, and especially any mechanic from Dodge or Cummins from my area.....they would be made to look like fools! Let them explain how a MPG fooler would have to work or how idle flucuations are possibly coming from a bad diode.....it would cost me $1000 before they'd even come close to having an idea! I wish I could only do half of what you guys even mutter out as idle chit chat . Your a bunch of smart fellas on here :thumb1:

• Like 1

X2 ^^^^^The best part is getting help and doing your own work or doing it with someone and* learning stuff - always fun - I now know what a tappet cover is hahaha * not feeling like your being bent over by the shops. You generally can now do it yourself.. Or with help .... Or at least know whats involved when they want to charge you 800 for a oem lift pump hey russ ;) Thx guys - good post dobie ;)

Hey Guys... Suggesting... HowTo section under each engine like 6.7/3RD GEN/2ND GEN. This will either have video or pictures of how to do the more advance things. Changing fuel filter. Where parts are located. I got a 6.7 engine.. It's hard to find good information with more then enough information to make my head hurt.:2cents:

x3 i have found more useful info here in the past few months than the 9+ years i have had this truck. the willingness of all to share the expertise has made my life much easier and saved me money. just alot of good people helping oneanother out. cant beat it.

I got a question for you guys. The videos me and Mike make seem to skip over a lot of the time consuming stuff and write it out instead. Would it be better if we just left the camera recording the whole time? I know we can edit bits and pieces out, like spending 5 minutes loosening a bolt. I didn't know you guys wanted to know things like changing the fuel filter and stuff like that. I could definitely get a lot of videos doing that. Changing oil, fuel filter, lift pump screen, etc.

• Owner

I got a question for you guys. The videos me and Mike make seem to skip over a lot of the time consuming stuff and write it out instead. Would it be better if we just left the camera recording the whole time? I know we can edit bits and pieces out, like spending 5 minutes loosening a bolt. I didn't know you guys wanted to know things like changing the fuel filter and stuff like that. I could definitely get a lot of videos doing that. Changing oil, fuel filter, lift pump screen, etc.

(Bright ideas coming on) :smart:

Coming from someone of the downscale of mechanical knowledge and abilites, the more you can watch being down vrs reading the better. It's proven that you can get more from watching something being done than reading about it :smart:

• Owner

Coming from someone of the downscale of mechanical knowledge and abilites, the more you can watch being down vrs reading the better. It's proven that you can get more from watching something being done than reading about it :smart:

Well ISX I guess we better warm up the cameras and hit the shop a bit more eh??? :lmao::lmao2: Matter of fact I want to redo a bunch of video and such for the site some of the information is old and needs a fresh video.

Well ISX I guess we better warm up the cameras and hit the shop a bit more eh??? :lmao::lmao2: Matter of fact I want to redo a bunch of video and such for the site some of the information is old and needs a fresh video.

Actually That would be a good link ............ a searchable fodler of videos that have been done for different components that repeat eg TRANSMISSION VIDEOS ENGINE VIDEOS VP44 VIDEOS TURBO VIDEOS EXHAUST VIDEOS TIRE/BRAKE VIDEOS FUEL/INJECTOR VIDEOS so on .... that way all the good work ISX and others do with cameracam don't get lost in ApacheVille. :)

• Owner

Actually That would be a good link ............ a searchable fodler of videos that have been done for different components that repeat eg TRANSMISSION VIDEOS ENGINE VIDEOS VP44 VIDEOS TURBO VIDEOS EXHAUST VIDEOS TIRE/BRAKE VIDEOS FUEL/INJECTOR VIDEOS so on .... that way all the good work ISX and others do with cameracam don't get lost in ApacheVille. :)

That why they go out ot the HTML pages so they are not lost in the vBulletin MySQL database of hell...:banghead:

We can do that. I guess the thing is, we don't know all of what people want to see. I just had a thought of making a new section on the forum called video requests. Make the first post a sticky where people post their request on that sticky. Then the actual video will be a new thread entitled "Fuel Filter Changeout" or whatever they asked for. Anyone could reply with the video so it wouldn't just be Mike and I. I will then go through the sticky and edit everyones posts and add a link to their response video to their post, so then people just watching the sticky can click on the link to see the video about the requested thing. I don't have any problem taking my truck apart for the sake of someone else seeing how it's done. Any thoughts on this?

for me a well written set of instructions with photos works very well, and i dont mean a haynes manual. my son and i replaced my vp with great instructions and photos in 4 to 4.5 hrs from start to engine running. there are other things i would like to do in the future that a video would probably be a great help. seeing how it is done before actually doing it would be invaluable. i know when i am under the hood or the vehicle and alll greased up the written instructions are easier to use than running back a forth to the computer. but i am all for anything that helps any of us. thats my:2cents:worth. when my grandfather bought his families first car back in the late 20's he took it home, parked in the barn and completely disassembled it and reassembled it before allowing any one ride in it. he just wanted to know what made it tick. no computer, no written instructions, no photos. my how times and technology have changed.

We can do that. I guess the thing is, we don't know all of what people want to see. I just had a thought of making a new section on the forum called video requests. Make the first post a sticky where people post their request on that sticky. Then the actual video will be a new thread entitled "Fuel Filter Changeout" or whatever they asked for. Anyone could reply with the video so it wouldn't just be Mike and I. I will then go through the sticky and edit everyones posts and add a link to their response video to their post, so then people just watching the sticky can click on the link to see the video about the requested thing. I don't have any problem taking my truck apart for the sake of someone else seeing how it's done. Any thoughts on this?

ISX, I would recommend to make a portion on the site for a suggestion box? Or a New topic that is sticky with " What do you want to learn today?"

Great idea to have how to section. I am pretty handy, but sometimes the people in the know leap way ahead and it takes quite a while to figure out what they said. Pictures and videos with explanations are a tremendous help.

I wish you all would have told me this a year ago, we would have had another 100 videos up :lol:It is a great idea and I think we will create the section and see what happens. The only thing is that the other sections are kinda the same thing. The other sections are not video specific though and just going through threads it is more of an input based thing rather than a full blown video/guide on how to do something. I think if the video bit of it is emphasized, it will be all its cracked up to be. Let me consult with the rest of the staff and see if we can come up with something final.