• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel Pressure question for 6.7L

scubieman

I have been thinking about getting a gauge for fuel pressure, unsure where to mount at this point. But if I get this I should be able to see if fuel has gelled since the pressure will be low. How do I know how much fuel pressure do I need? ETC http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUTOMETER-Z-SERIES-FUEL-RAIL-PRESSURE-GAUGE-DODGE-GM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem43a08f8236QQitemZ290456568374QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

• Owner

Ouch... :spend: Ummm... You might hit the vendors here on the site and see if they have any sales or deals... I know some of the mechanical gauges can be had for as a cheap as $35 to $40 bucks if you shop around. Autometer happen to be the most expensive brand for sure. As for the fuel pressure its normally hooked up after the filter (bottom of the stock filter can). I would say typical good fuel pressure is right around 12-15 PSI for even a common rail.

So does that mean your recommending getting the electric one at the rail? Cause personally I think that would be best cause then you can tell if you have issues right before injector. I guess if I want to have a over kill I could have two fuel gauges one that is at the rail and one that is at the OEM filter. I do like what you did with your fuel gauge setup. I'm just a little nervous about getting it back to gether. If you didn't live about 1500 miles from me I would be on a road trip with a case of ..... Pop.

• Staff

I would start with fuel psi, and do rail psi later. The H&S (seems to be best package for the 6.7) has the ability to show rail pressure.. so save for that. Fuel psi is about 9-11 on a stock motor, and OE specs are -5 to + 15 (from Bosch), anything over 2 is considered fine on a stock CP3. Yes you can see fuel gelling in a fuel psi gauge, don't ask how I know....

I would start with fuel psi, and do rail psi later. The H&S (seems to be best package for the 6.7) has the ability to show rail pressure.. so save for that. Fuel psi is about 9-11 on a stock motor, and OE specs are -5 to + 15 (from Bosch), anything over 2 is considered fine on a stock CP3. Yes you can see fuel gelling in a fuel psi gauge, don't ask how I know....

This raises more questions. First you said fuel PSI then rail PSI. the differance is I can find gauges for Rail PSI but not for standar fuel PSI. I checked the H&S site and a no go for that? Help , or link ? Fuel pressure over 2 PSI is considered good at idle... Of coarse going down road should be more right?

• Staff

This raises more questions. First you said fuel PSI then rail PSI. the differance is I can find gauges for Rail PSI but not for standar fuel PSI.

That is because rail psi is specific to the truck, where any fuel psi setup will work. These days I recommend the ISSPRO EV2's, 0-40 electric.

I checked the H&S site and a no go for that? Help , or link ?

http://www.hsperformance.com/mini-maxx/ As a tuner/gauge it can monitor lots of things.

Fuel pressure over 2 PSI is considered good at idle... Of coarse going down road should be more right?

That's backwords. Idle should be 9-11, WOT no lower than 2 psi.

I would love that tuner/gauge. One problem. I still need my left arm for paying for diesel.:cookoo: I am thinking of just getting a stock gauge with a add fuel filter. http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/product.aspx?pf_id=MK27509-BLK . I love what Mike did more did his truck. But I do not feel comfy tearing my rig apart... Just in case I don't have the right tools, or run out of time, money ETC.

• Owner

Correct, its special hose and fittings. I have never used a hose clamp, and never had a leak. You can't pull it off, you have to cut it off.

Yeap I'm using push loc's on my AirDog and they are awesome fitting... No you don't need clamps they are solid fittings. But to make lift easier dip the ends of the rubber hose in boiling water and place the fitting on the floor and place the end of the hose to it and lay your body weight into it. POP!

Posted Image