Sign in to follow this  
flagmanruss

2 stroke in JD??

Contemplating firing up the ole JD... been sitting a spell... It don't have no turbo or VP44 but I'm thinking the valves & rings could surely use some lube. I got plenty of dino 2 stoke. You guessed it, I'm thinking to dose it good. Any thoughts?Russ

I don't see any reason why not... I would give it the 128:1 dose and take a rod and stir it up good in the tank. Then at least prime up the low pressure side with fresh fuel and fire it up...

I was thinking of 60/1 double dose with the dino oil. I had not thought about mixing it up but my flat "fuel guage" stick should do fine (fuel guage has not worked since I owned the JD). The OEM float is in the side of the tank & I'm sure I can carefully avoid getting wrapped up in it. Yes, it'd be easy to crack the fuel filter drain & pump a bit of mixed fuel through with the priming lever. Once I get it running, I ought to just let it run a while to get limbered up.Russ

If it has set a while, pressurising the oil galleys with a quart of oil and a preluber.The volitils will evaporate - lowering the cetane #. Lower cetane is good - until there is trouble starting. Most times over a yearkeydl