• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2 stroke in JD??

Contemplating firing up the ole JD... been sitting a spell... It don't have no turbo or VP44 but I'm thinking the valves & rings could surely use some lube. I got plenty of dino 2 stoke. You guessed it, I'm thinking to dose it good. Any thoughts?Russ

I was thinking of 60/1 double dose with the dino oil. I had not thought about mixing it up but my flat "fuel guage" stick should do fine (fuel guage has not worked since I owned the JD). The OEM float is in the side of the tank & I'm sure I can carefully avoid getting wrapped up in it. Yes, it'd be easy to crack the fuel filter drain & pump a bit of mixed fuel through with the priming lever. Once I get it running, I ought to just let it run a while to get limbered up.Russ

If it has set a while, pressurising the oil galleys with a quart of oil and a preluber.The volitils will evaporate - lowering the cetane #. Lower cetane is good - until there is trouble starting. Most times over a yearkeydl