• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ball Joints - Nightmare!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

Well today I finally finished this project. Month later... But I got James back down here and we figured out a whole new game plan and managed to get them pressed out without even using heat. Still used the Harbor Freight Ball Joint Press but when you get some pressure laid to it take your shop sledge hammer and smack the knuckle with a good hit. I didn't hit the tool or the joint just the side of the knuckle ears and BAM! It would jump. Start wrenching down and it continues to press out like it should. I've taken a short test drive and it seems a bit tighter for steering but good. So more to come later... :thumb1:

• 1 month later...

In efforts (last night) to try and determine why my truck is eating up a right-front tire, I noticed the left front UBJ is completely trashed. Jack up the axle, and the top of the tire falls out about 2 inches! Ironically, this is NOT the tire that's getting eaten up..so now, I still need to figure out WTF is going on with the tire wear on the right, in addition to replacing all 4 ball joints.. This, after my ECM took a dive 2 weeks ago, and also noticed my steering box is getting sloppy at the output shaft..Yay. FML.

when mine went it started wearing both front tires like i had them under inflated even though i was running them with 80psi. fixed all that and the ecm went:spend:. fixed that then a new nv5600 was needed:spend:. i need about a year trouble free to recouparate from all that. i dont want to know about my steering box yet.