• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New sub-section possibility?

ISX

I just had a thought here..it has come to my attention that MPG is a very talked about topic and I have always wondered how to get the most out of my truck. Now I know there are guides and stuff saying air your tires up, take weight out of the truck, whatever but I want to go about this entirely different. I think everyone knows every little thing effects MPG to an extent, from the tires to the quality of the car wash you got. My thought is to expand on this. If MPG goes up, that means efficiency goes up. If efficiency goes up, pulling the trailer becomes easier. You seemingly end up with more power if say you made the truck more aerodynamic, you aren't pushing as much wind so you seemingly have more power. In essence you aren't making more power, you're becoming more efficient with the power you have, getting more out of it. The thing I want to get going is some big threads going on each topic of efficiency/mpg. So if I started a thread on tires, people would all pitch in what they know, people would ask questions about aspects of a tire that effect mpg/efficiency or even something else. Eventually we will have a huge thread just overflowing with incredible information about tires. Now I'm not going to stick to the usual crap like tire pressure, wind resistance, stuff most people cover a million times, I would like to go in a lot deeper to valve lash settings, turbo boost, turbo flow, temps of things, etc. I think there is a lot of folklore out there that just sticks to the basics that might be 100 years old (like 3000 mile oil changes is pretty well a thing of the past, but if you don't think so, why? Those details are what I want to hear). It would be nice to keep it constructive, no reason to call someone out for a certain way of thinking, give facts as to why you think that way. Myths won't hold up to well to a person with facts. Nevertheless I think this could be an incredible way to allow people to understand their trucks more, why things are set a certain way, how they could be improved. I believe trucks are set up universally, rather than for the individual. What the grocery getter does needs different settings to be more efficient, rather than the daily TT puller's settings. I can go on and on about each little detail so I know theres a lot of people who can as well, eventually we can separate fact from fiction and have an incredible resource. So what do you guys think? I am thinking of just making this a subforum of some section, general diesel maybe, but I wanted to know what the forum as a whole thought.

I'm gonna go ahead and make it then. Not sure where Mike ran off to, must be at the beach :lol: I'll start it off with a few topics and everyone can add info to them or create a new thread/topic, ask questions about a particular topic they are curious about, etc. Sound good? Ok :lol::thumb1:

I have checked my mpg on my 05 and it gets 16 mpg like clock work. Pulling my 31' goose neck it goes down the tubes bad 14mpg with a 800 lbs hay rake loaded.I am putting new tires on here real soon and I been thinking about mpg's and what brand to try, it has Generals on right now, and they are worn out at 38k on the clock so I wont be going with generals again.Oh and truck is fractory stock with the exception of the MIT I installed. I really dont think the mit will effect anything.