• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
packinheat2

injectors

Hidden

Sure it is not a valve tick? If it is an injector the injector would probably have a weak or broken spring.

Im running cleaner through it now. just latley it seems like it idles louder with the ticking sound. Also a few weeks ago I would have to crank on it a second longer before it would pop and it would smoke, but that hasnt happened resently. I just get paranoid about the injectors on these trucks I dont want to wash the engine out!

well it is the powerservice injector cleaner and I think that it has cetane in it that could be it. I just dont want problems haha:doh:

Increasing the cetane will make the fuel burn hard and fast like and hit like a hammer. Reducing the cetane will cause the fuel to burn slower and push more. I know AH64ID doesn't agree with 2 cycle oil but it worth a try (200:1 ratio).

Prior to running the cleaner I had been using 2 cycle oil in the fuel, maybe the ticking and noise difference is from when I switched to the cleaner. I will have to go back to the 2 cycle then I didnt seem to have problems when I was using that.

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy just the copper sealing washers for injector nozzles? I have searched the web but couldnt come up with anything. I have had a set of nozzles laying around forever and was thinking about throwing them in, or maybe I will just get the ones I want :spend:

Yea you can get the copper washers, call cummins they will send them. And I tell ya my experince with the tick, I have adjusted valves so much I can do it in my sleep. The tick is just part of the beast. Everyone I hear this from has just hit 180 - 200k on there truck and we start hearing this tick. Go to any fourm and there is a ton of write ups on the subject, adjust your valves turn up the radio and drive.:burnout:

• Like 1