• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

injectors

Im running cleaner through it now. just latley it seems like it idles louder with the ticking sound. Also a few weeks ago I would have to crank on it a second longer before it would pop and it would smoke, but that hasnt happened resently. I just get paranoid about the injectors on these trucks I dont want to wash the engine out!

Prior to running the cleaner I had been using 2 cycle oil in the fuel, maybe the ticking and noise difference is from when I switched to the cleaner. I will have to go back to the 2 cycle then I didnt seem to have problems when I was using that.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy just the copper sealing washers for injector nozzles? I have searched the web but couldnt come up with anything. I have had a set of nozzles laying around forever and was thinking about throwing them in, or maybe I will just get the ones I want :spend:

Yea you can get the copper washers, call cummins they will send them. And I tell ya my experince with the tick, I have adjusted valves so much I can do it in my sleep. The tick is just part of the beast. Everyone I hear this from has just hit 180 - 200k on there truck and we start hearing this tick. Go to any fourm and there is a ton of write ups on the subject, adjust your valves turn up the radio and drive.:burnout:

• Like 1