• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Really 'NEW' Tires

My friend just sent this .... Though this was Photoshop until I did a web search ... If you notice in the 2 web links I have at the bottom, one is for 2005 and the other was 2006. There are more. Has anyone else seen these ? I have yet to see them on the market, unless they found something wrong, cost factors, liability factors, or they think people are not ready for them yet. ***** Radical new tire design by Michelin. The next generation of tires. 
 They had a pair at the Philadelphia car show. These tires are airless and are scheduled to be out on the market very soon. The bad news for law enforcement is that spike strips will not work on these. Just think of the impact on existing technology: 
 A. no more air valves...
 B. no more air compressors at gas stations...
 C. no more repair kits... 
 D. no more flats... 
 (from article: These are actual pictures taken at the South Carolina plant of Michelin.) **************** also: http://www.mbca.org/forum/new-tire-michelin-fourtitude-4 http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/michelin-develops-airless-tires-206443.php

post-11095-138698179021_thumb.jpeg

post-11095-138698179032_thumb.jpeg

post-11095-138698179044_thumb.jpeg

I'll take 4 when they make them for my truck :hyper: I think they look incredible. I don't know how something going over a curb like that and bending the spokes can automatically straighten, you can look at the other wheel in the same pic and it looks like they are permanently bent. I notice they straighten back out on the test track video so maybe they have a solution. I do love how they look though :pant: