• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How to Change Your Fuel Filter

The early 12V's used a spin on filter and the later 24V's used a different filter altogether so this is only for the midrange. I don't know why I had so much trouble with this one, the video camera always makes me screw up but I left it all unedited because I don't want to edit it right now. So here is the unedited version, will make it better tomorrow, and add an article.

• Like 2

My grandfather was born in the late 1800's and because of that time era had very little education. In a discussion one day, he said:If you let nature develop it, it will workout right. If you want it somewhat screwed up, let humans get involved. If you want it completely screwed up, let an engineer, lawyer or politician work on it. I miss hearing his old sayings, they were right on the money.I believe if the auto industry wants to do it right, the engineers should develop and design what they want ... have it built and put on the vehicle ... then the fools should be made to get into the garage and work on their equipment designs under the conditions 'we' have to ... go back to the drawing board once more for design changes before they turn in the plans for final approval.I believe things would be different.

• Like 1

in the construction industry you can ususally tell when an engineer of any type has had field experience or common sense or both just by how things go together. if it doesn't work i calll them, if they have either of the above traits the problems go away quickly. one that has just graduated or has never left his office, it might take days to solve the problem. id like to see them auto enginneers working at my garage. it is called a gravel driveway. your grand father sounds like a wise man.

• Like 1

Where did all this come about? Me changing the way the engine is set up completely? If I had it my way things would be very differently done. I think I would put an electric fan right behind the a/c condenser so it would pull heat out of it but at the same time push air through the intercooler/radiator and still not interfere with being at the front of the engine (which SUCKS). The fuel filter would be in a better location of course, same with a number of other things. I will redesign the whole thing one of these days.I realized the thing your grandpa said a while back. The more you interfere with nature, the more you resist flow, the less efficient you become.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...