• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

CEL on Cirrus

Wife's Subaru was in the shop... So she drove my Cirrus for several days. This morning I took her to get the Subaru back & the CEL is on in my car. She claims it wasn't on yesterday but I know she "frigged up my car!" (just joking, car has 104K miles) Checked the gas cap 2X, it's tight. Nothing obivious wrong. I did the key thingy... the CEL blinks. I ran it 3X & got the code 123155. I'm trying to find the chart for this... www.allpar.com/fix/codes.html Russ

• 1 month later...

Internet research of the codes indicated the Evap control unit had failed which was the reason for the CEL. I bought the part at the auto store & ensued the process to get the hood open with the broken release cable. See that story: http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/4516-Cirrus-hood-release-broke...

AFTER getting the hood open, I proceeded to do the part replacement. Posted Image

To get to it, the intake duct needed to be removed and the cruise control freed up & I was able to wedge it on the other side of the trans dip stick. The bracket bolts to the shock tower with 1 bolt... but boy what a "son-of-a-female-dog" to get to. At the top of the frame is one of the studs from the Cruise Control which gouged the crap out of my arm before I fould a piece of vacume tubing to cover them with. That's the little jem under the brake lines.

Posted Image

The unit has a rubber block which slips onto a part of the bracket (slot indicated in the photo) but I could not get them appart down in the hole. The bracket just twists on the single bolt.

Posted Image

I removed the bracket pushed the unit onto the bracket, pushed the 2 hoses (single block so hard to confuse them) back on & reinstalled the bracket. I didn't connect the wire plug... It came off easy enough & gave room needed to work the mounting bolt. The dang plug would not go on. I tried every which way... came back today & got it on. Different angle, different position.

Posted Image

Put the rest of the parts back that I'd removed to get access... Put the hood down, time for a break. This has been a real challenge with a sore back.

• 1 month later...

OK, I had the Cirrus in a front end & brake shop (will post separately). After telling me that they "Didn't do anything other than brakes & front ends" I guess they were slow & offered to put a scanner on the Cirrus & see what it needed to shut off the CEL. I told them I'd replaced the part... it was on the passenger's seat... they read the codes, said I had done the right part, reset the CEL and didn't charge me additional!CEL is out, so far. I've made an appointment for the state inspection.