• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

lift pump want stop

Just assumptions but since they say the ecm can vary the duty cycle of the pump I would assume the h-bridge or supporting components in the ecm have failed. You could create a small harness to turn the lift pump on when the ignition is in the start/run position and just bypass the ecm completely. I am not sure what this would mean for fault detecting in the ecm though. Also it may cause hard starting since the lift pump would be running at max duty cycle when the key is in the start position.If you decided to get crazy with it you could make a small pulse width modulation board and install it in the truck. Pulling in a signal from the camshaft sensors signal wire would allow the module to know when the engine was running and when to increase the duty cycle. Just my 2 cents though. Just babbling.

i figure he can wire in a toggle switch and just flip it on and off real quickly and make it work:lmao:. it seems a waste to have to replace such an expensive part due to one portion of it failing. but with that part of it failing it probably is not long for the world any way.

i figure he can wire in a toggle switch and just flip it on and off real quickly and make it work:lmao:. it seems a waste to have to replace such an expensive part due to one portion of it failing. but with that part of it failing it probably is not long for the world any way.

Certainly is. The voltage regulator for the alternator is also in the ecm from what I hear. People talk about using an external voltage regulator when the factory circuit fails.

• Owner

Certainly is. The voltage regulator for the alternator is also in the ecm from what I hear. People talk about using an external voltage regulator when the factory circuit fails.

i believe the voltage regulator is in the PCM. have to check a wiring diagram.

Yeah the voltage regulator is in the PCM... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/wiring/2002-Dodge-Wiring-Pg1.jpg
  • Like 1