• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Going for a full build!

I have 100hp injector a smarty and other assorted stuff. When I had a 1600 stall speed converter I lost all spool between shifts. I got a 200 under converter and I got a lot of the spool back. You should get a hx35 turbo while you are at it as well. You will loose a little spool but you will gain a ton of midrange.

I have 100hp injector a smarty and other assorted stuff. When I had a 1600 stall speed converter I lost all spool between shifts. I got a 200 under converter and I got a lot of the spool back. You should get a hx35 turbo while you are at it as well. You will loose a little spool but you will gain a ton of midrange.

Exactly, after my tranny, I noticed this to. There is no slippage into the next gear, and being how the auto gears are further spaced then a manual the rpm's drop below the turbo. Even now, if I have the throttle right the turbo will do a slight bark when shifting into overdrive. Suprised me at first. Some vids of my new injectors, but you can see the rpm drops in the shifts. Posted Image Posted Image
  • Like 2

I have 100hp injector a smarty and other assorted stuff.

hey man ok - i haven't paid attention to your sig for a while - but enquiring minds are asking 100HP inj Smarty and xzt stack ? jhook ?? Surely you can't be towing that much weight and that much fuel on a hy ?? :shrug: Im looking for the 62 compressor here ?

im a 99, so i have the hx, im so happy they didn't switch till 2000:lol:

hey man ok - i haven't paid attention to your sig for a while - but enquiring minds are asking 100HP inj Smarty and xzt stack ? jhook ?? Surely you can't be towing that much weight and that much fuel on a hy ?? :shrug: Im looking for the 62 compressor here ?

the j Hook will help out alot, but i would think he would be running a little on the high side.

hx35 because of the exhaust brake. I have a super b sitting on my floor at home.

hmmmm :cookoo: still dont get this I have a hx40 with 60mm compressor and 16cm exhaust - and with just 75+INJ and powerpuck I can hit 1200-1300 easily towing my fifth wheel up a large hill ...... 25-30psi boost I loved my my hX35 but how would the hX35 handle that ??? You must be at least a extra 75HP than me and also less air ? :shrug: Im getting ready to swap it out for a HE351cw with a STAGEIII methanol kit

I don't allow the egt's to go over 1200. I downshift when I can't hold OD. I also never go up hills with 30lbs of boost. I like 20.

That hx35 must be better than I remember - I only ran it for like a week and then replaced with the hx40. Got the he351cw sitting here for ages - and going to get it both on with the methanol. Then I thinj even running plain h20 I will get the benefits of fast spool with good ~60mm compressor ... and stage III to kick in if I get near 1100 :) Anyway - interesting ..... Think you mentioned to me you saw no difference really on the 3x goerand versus the 3x revmax if I remember right ??

hmmmm :cookoo: still dont get this I have a hx40 with 60mm compressor and 16cm exhaust - and with just 75+INJ and powerpuck I can hit 1200-1300 easily towing my fifth wheel up a large hill ...... 25-30psi boost I loved my my hX35 but how would the hX35 handle that ??? You must be at least a extra 75HP than me and also less air ? :shrug: Im getting ready to swap it out for a HE351cw with a STAGEIII methanol kit

you would be better off with a HX35/40, also did you try a boost elbow, those HX-40's are really big i don't know if your getting the right spool up with it, maybe try a CAM? Now you have me wondering because with 60's and a smarty i couldn't break 1100 going up a hill hauling 15,000lbs :shrug:

you would be better off with a HX35/40, also did you try a boost elbow, those HX-40's are really big i don't know if your getting the right spool up with it, maybe try a CAM? Now you have me wondering because with 60's and a smarty i couldn't break 1100 going up a hill hauling 15,000lbs :shrug:

thats interesting hmm - will have to check after I get the he351cw in (only a 9cm exhaust outlet so will spool quick) - but she does spool relatively well - I can get to 20psi pretty quick ....... but still running 900 without towing up a big hill. Yeah have a boost elbow - hence 30-32 psi. Id love to try a different CAM - but $$ - the methanol STAGE II and HE351cw both cost $1200 ... if I dont like that setup both are comming out for II or similar 62mm and new head bolts.

thats interesting hmm - will have to check after I get the he351cw in (only a 9cm exhaust outlet so will spool quick) - but she does spool relatively well - I can get to 20psi pretty quick ....... but still running 900 without towing up a big hill. Yeah have a boost elbow - hence 30-32 psi. Id love to try a different CAM - but $$ - the methanol STAGE II and HE351cw both cost $1200 ... if I dont like that setup both are comming out for II or similar 62mm and new head bolts.

the problem i see with a 351w i the size of the exhaust, your almost no better off with a hy, unless im missing something. What makes the HX 35/40 great is you get the compressor size of the HX 40, but with the spool up of a 35. a streight up HX 40 requires alot of air to keep it moving, and i think this is why they kept it off of the 5.9l's ad used them on the larger motors. IMO 30-32psi is a little low im my opinion for the setup you have towing wise. I stayed under 75 for this very reason, i went with the 60's because i felt it would hold up much better giving me a sturdy 275HP. While i do not have a boost gauge i will be making notes on my boost pressure and its relation to EGT's running empty and loaded in the future, especially after the boost elbow goes in.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

well got the trans in the truck, and got the truck driving, it drives nice and stout.i run out of HP now at about 80mph, i need to do some tweeking, i need to replace the obd 2 port, and fix the check engine light.got a few issues like the no can bus issue. but truck drives like a dream

• Owner

well got the trans in the truck, and got the truck driving, it drives nice and stout. i run out of HP now at about 80mph, i need to do some tweeking, i need to replace the obd 2 port, and fix the check engine light. got a few issues like the no can bus issue. but truck drives like a dream

Expanding on Pepsi post... He got a CCD Network propblem after the transmission was installed if you turn on the A/C or anyother HVAC setting the speedometer drop to zero and the odometer displays NO BUS and check engine light is tripped. But turn off the HVAC and everything returns to normal. I'm assuming its a ground issue... :shrug:

well today i pulled the dashboard apart more.pulled the seats out and vacuumed the cab out.With the help of Andrew i got my obd2 port replaced with a new one, and tomorrow ill work on putting everything back together and pulling some codes up.

Have a late night update, got the obd port in and its not working, im hoping its as simple as a blown fuse, and i mean HOPING, as my brother confirmed that he cut 4 wires at a time:banghead::banghead::banghead:if not this could be the end for hauling with this truck as it will be stuck on fuel economy mode forever:pray: