• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Interesting day yesterday

My day started off pretty normal, looked like it was going to storm out but nothing was happening. I got in my truck and was driving down the road with the windows down and I couldn't help but think its was getting cold out quick. I pulled up to a traffic light where the car next to me caught my eye, it was a guy opening his door and starring off at the sky. He turned to me and said "Oh my god, do you see that!". Sure enough I looked up and saw a fairly pronounced funnel in contact with the ground. I decided to drive up a little farther to and get some pictures with my cell phone. Interesting to say the least, I haven't heard of anyone being hurt by this one so far. The last picture I took from a different spot and it was as the tornado was dissipating, but its also the clearest.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The last thing you want to be in or around is a tornado. I've been through one...........Lemont, IL 1994. I also was about one mile from the famous tornado that hit Plainfield/Cresthill, IL in, I think, 1990. That tornado gets talked about on the "Weather Channel" every now and then.

Believe it or not another interesting day! I can't believe there is so much activity in Colorado. Normally there isn't. I grew up in Iowa and lived in Kansas for a short time where I saw plenty, but never when I could film/photograph them. I was driving north bound on the highway when I saw this funnel and my wife had her camera (she wants to be a photographer) so she shot a vid. Pretty crazy to see this up by the mountains.

Posted Image