• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
jshmohr

2.5 Turbo?

Hey guys my local truck pulling rules say that in the stock diesel class you can run a 2.5 turbo and I was wondering what you guys think would be the best turbo, thanks:thumb1:

I've got an II silver bullet 62 I am willing to part with. I am looking at down sizing to a little smaller turbo for better daily driver/tow rig qualities.

Yeh if I go that way bigger sticks are in order but right now I am trying to convince my local pulling association that we neen a work stock class, but thanks for the info that is what I was wondering is how much I would need to compete with these guys:thumb1:

Assuming you are putting in bigger injectors (over 200HP) go with a 64/71 if you are on a budget, 64/74 is a little more. Then there are the billet wheels and s400s if you want to be really serious or have big $$. Let me know if you need anything.

Assuming you are putting in bigger injectors (over 200HP) go with a 64/71 if you are on a budget, 64/74 is a little more. Then there are the billet wheels and s400s if you want to be really serious or have big $$. Let me know if you need anything.

Cool thanks for the input, like I said my local stock diesel class allows a 2.5 turbo, right now I am trying to convince them we need a workstock class so a guy dosent need a 600+hp truck to compete:thumb1:

Yeh if I go that way bigger sticks are in order but right now I am trying to convince my local pulling association that we neen a work stock class, but thanks for the info that is what I was wondering is how much I would need to compete with these guys:thumb1:

I hear it is full of cheaters. If it is just for fun go for it. If you pull for money you will see cheaters. Thats why i like drag racing. It is just me and a tree.

So what does 2.5 mean in puller lingo? I always hear it havent figured it out yet.

2.5'' turbo is in American standard size / lingo. they normally sell turbo sizes in 58, 62, 64, 66, 71, 74, 78, 80mm etc. 2.5" = 63.5 mm turbo Here is how it works, there is 25.4 mm in 1 inch, so 2.5" x 25.4 = 63.5mm turbo. if you have any more questions let me know.

I always wondered how a 2.5 still allows the truck to be called "stock"...Heck, 4" exhaust makes it non-stock.. :)

2.5'' turbo is in American standard size / lingo. they normally sell turbo sizes in 58, 62, 64, 66, 71, 74, 78, 80mm etc. 2.5" = 63.5 mm turbo Here is how it works, there is 25.4 mm in 1 inch, so 2.5" x 25.4 = 63.5mm turbo. if you have any more questions let me know.

Wow that simple? :doh: LOL Thanks!:thumbup2: