• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I took the plunge, and got the comp, before i install, i have a quick question. What color is the pump wire, as i didnt get the bd cover at this time, instructions say wire at the top, does not state color of wire to hook grey wire to.Thanks in advance guys.

Ok that makes it fun, says to use wire closes to block, im sure they will be side by side and i want to choose the correct one, i guess there is no answer, can you tell me if damage will result if the wrong wire is tapped? Thank you for the diagram though, i appreciate it.

• Owner

That's the only draw back to the Edge Comp, tapping the wire. Are there any plug & play diesel programmers? Thanks & good luck, Dave

All plug N Play addons are limited to 60-65 HP period... All VP44 tapped modules are limited to roughly 150 HP... Since the wire tapped modules are after the ECM they get final say in the signal sent to the VP44 but in the cause of programmers they have to play by the rules of the ECM hence why the limits are much lower.

I think all fueling boxes tap the pump. programmers are timing and duration boxes i believe. i have a edge EZ im gonna sell when i install comp, its a timing and fuel duration box with no tap, 65hp 180torque.

If it will work on a my year, I'm up for it! Please send me a PM when your ready. Thanks, Dave

All plug N Play addons are limited to 60-65 HP period...

All VP44 tapped modules are limited to roughly 150 HP...

Since the wire tapped modules are after the ECM they get final say in the signal sent to the VP44 but in the cause of programmers they have to play by the rules of the ECM hence why the limits are much lower.

That makes sense. So with the tapped wire it's like having a Hot Rod vp44 version.:pant:

Dave

--- Update to the previous post...

I do not believe it will, the connectors are different, the one i have is for 2000 and 2001. sry would love to sell it to ya.

Crap, the story of my life it seems sometimes.

I'd love to have it, I was thinking about that all last night!

Thanks,

Dave

Nothing will happen if you tap the wrong wire, my friend I had helped me and tapped the wrong wire. I tapped the right wire and dabbed a little silicone on the other one and all has been good. The wire that needs to be tapped is the top wire, if you look on the edge site at the instructions for the juice its got good pictures but the comp pictures are horrible.