• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cummins newb from Wi

Fullboarcummins

Hello my name is Cory. I live by Madison, Wi.Picked up a 99 cummins project truck a few weeks ago. Has a cracked #53 block. Trying to sort out what I have and figure this thing out. I know foxbody mustangs very well. Have'nt done much with big trucks. Found this site over on cummins forum. Looks like I will learn a ton on here. You have done a great job mopar1973man. I will try not ask alot of questions. Although I cant promise that. Lol.

• Owner

are you calling me a nut:cookoo:?

Yes... Why else would you be hanging around here... :lmao::lmao2: Like Dripley here he's great guy to talk to on the phone. You can talk shop and then BS for another hour easy. But Mopar1973Man Web Site is mostly about the "Common Joe" person that want to just keep his truck running. Don't care about HP/TQ and racing it all about making from A to B and back to A everyday without failures... :smart:

Thanks for the warm welcome. Its good that I can ask questions. I like the cummins forum. But im a little gun shy about asking questions over there. Some of those guys light you up for it. Lol. I would be lying if I said im not a power junkie. But job number one is to get this thing running again.

a little more hp never hurt anyone. i think we all like it. if you got 800hp and the truck wont run it aint a whole lotta good. i have learned more here from these guys than every where else put together. there is still good info on the other forums, but there is an awful lot of smart here and everyone is willing to share it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome. Its good that I can ask questions. I like the cummins forum. But im a little gun shy about asking questions over there. Some of those guys light you up for it. Lol. I would be lying if I said im not a power junkie. But job number one is to get this thing running again.

You have a good point about people on other sites when you ask a question. I hate that. We all had to start somehow. So are you going to try to,( i think they call it lock stitch )the 53 block. I read that you drill small holes in the block to stop the crack then patch it somehow. Or you going to get another block ?

I read about stitching the block. I dont think it would be a good idea for me. Im going to run this truck hard. I have an engine lined up for $1100. It has a bad vp and needs a rebuild. I have a good vp. The guy says its a mexican block and has 50hp ddp injectors. But with the purchase of the engine and the cost of the rebuild im at $5100. I found a ready to run engine with only 94,000 miles on it for $3200. But its from an 02 and im not sure it will work. So as you see I have no clue what im doing. Im very glad I found this site.