• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

i was wondering what kind of power my truck would make with the setup i have plus ddp 75 injectors i have a 99 dodge 2500 5-spd with a comp box and cold air intake and the 75 ddp injectors will be in thursday. i would go bigger with the injectors but i mainly want them for the fuel mileage increase anybody have an idea

• Owner

Basically doing rough math...Stock 235 HPEdge Comp +120 ------------------355 HP @ the flywheel.Injectors +75 -----------------430 HP @ the flywheel.So roughly ~430 HP at the flywheel. But with you oversized tires your going to loss quite a bit of both HP (to the ground) and MPG's. But if you ditch the 305 tire and get down to a 285 or even 265 tire you would gain back a lot of both HP and MPG's. A a matter of fact I'm down to 235/85 R16 and now starting to see 23-24 MPG on the top side now... My typical daily running I'm gettitng 20-21 MPG. You'll be surprised how much a larger tire robs you of MPG's! :wow

i have a brand new vp44 and my fuel pressure idles on 17 around 14 running down the road and 10 at wot.i will keep the comp on around 2 or 3 i work out of my truck and rarely hot rod it. my mods are mainly just for mpg gains.but the added bonus is the power is there if i want it

In the years I have ran our clubs dyno events I have seen many trucks equipped like yours and my best guess to the ground would be in the mid 300's,like 350-375hp,to the ground due to the stock charger which limits your top end performance.On a early 24v stick truck which came equipped with a HX35/12cm you will be close to out of the chargers map at 40psi and it will only make heat from that point on killing your performance.The best running stock 24v stick truck we had was a 01.5 5spd truck that did 403 and he was equipped with a DDUFM Drag Version(basically a Edge Comp Drag) and he had Bulldog 6's for injectors.He also had huge EGT heat issues when he ran the truck above level 4x5.The tires will not hurt or harm your dyno numbers as both the 305/70's and 285/75's are the same height just the 305's are a tad wider.However,I do agree that they will hurt you for fuel milage over long runs as wider and taller=heavy and rotating mass kills MPG.If your going for all out milage you need the tallest and narrowest tire you can find and mount it on the lightest billet wheel you can get.Tall and narrow with alight wheel was the only way we found any difference in dyno numbers as the lighter combos made more power........Andy