• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello all. Have a few questions about egt temps. my truck really wants to stay 1100 to 1300 degrees when i get into throttle. Ive got a schneid hot rod vp44, 125 injectors, fass, a bigger turbo, im not sure how much bigger but it is not stock and 4 inch exhaust with no cat or muffler. Previous owner had programer on it but kept it. Thinking of getting edge programer hopeing it will help with rough idle. My friend who is mechanic says rough idle with hot pump is normal but im more concerend bout egts. Im not much into hot rodding truck but i got good deal and had alot of extras. Will going to smaller injectors effect larger turbo much? I dont want to spend a bunch on intercooler or cooling mist. Thinking bout 75 injectors and hopefully programmer will help. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have founf out its a lot harder going backwards trying to figure out what mods someone did than starting fresh. Guess thats what i get for not takin my wife to buy truck! LOL! thanks

Hello all. Have a few questions about egt temps. my truck really wants to stay 1100 to 1300 degrees when i get into throttle. Ive got a schneid hot rod vp44, 125 injectors, fass, a bigger turbo, im not sure how much bigger but it is not stock and 4 inch exhaust with no cat or muffler. Previous owner had programer on it but kept it. Thinking of getting edge programer hopeing it will help with rough idle. My friend who is mechanic says rough idle with hot pump is normal but im more concerend bout egts. Im not much into hot rodding truck but i got good deal and had alot of extras. Will going to smaller injectors effect larger turbo much? I dont want to spend a bunch on intercooler or cooling mist. Thinking bout 75 injectors and hopefully programmer will help. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have founf out its a lot harder going backwards trying to figure out what mods someone did than starting fresh. Guess thats what i get for not takin my wife to buy truck! LOL! thanks

If you are running 1100-1300 pre-turbo WOT then you are fine. Cummins states the max sustained for this engine is 1250*F pre-turbo. You can exceed this for a few seconds at a time, but I would not exceed 1350*F for more than 15 seconds to be on the safe side. If you want to keep the injectors with a fuel/timing box you will most likely need yet another turbo upgrade. You may get away with simply a turbine housing upgrade though.

Keeep the set up you have, and go with a set of twins. It's easier to get them to fit on the 2nd gens. You'd probably have to do "head studs", fire rings and maybe valve springs also though. Smaller injectors would most likely be cheaper!!

• 4 weeks later...

What kind of air filter are you running? I tried the aFe high flow filters and found them wanting. They actually reduced air flow over a new stock paper filter. I finally settled on the BHAF. Works very well. Easy install. Cheap. Add a turbo heat shield and Outerware Pre-filter cover to make the set up work optimum. The other area you may need to change and it has already been mentioned is the tubo nozzle housing.