• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

I have a friend that's looking at an 01 dodge cummins and he's asking me some questions. Now he says it has a fuel leak on the vp44 behing the inspection cover. I think he means the cover that has the tamper proof screws holding it. Is this a concern or can he just change a gasket or seal and not worry about it? It also has a cracked exhaust manifold so I suppose that means it's been run too hot. Any concerns there?

As for seals you could replace that seal on the cover if you can get one... I would ask TH Racing (one of vendors) he might have an idea on where to get the seals.As for the exhaust manifold rather common on truck that have seen some pretty hot temps. I would consider doing a compression test t verify the cylinder health. If that can't be done you could do a blow by test but that kind of general sum test of all blow by.

A cracked exh manifold doesn't always mean it has been hot it is just the nature of cast iron being a 1 piece and no way for expansion or contraction. Most times they crack from being shut down too fast while it is hot meaning too fast of a temperature fluxtuation. Personally I would not worry about it.

i had high enough temps in my engine to crack the head around every exhaust valve & even burnt some chunks out but the exhaust man. never cracked.i'd be leaning towards it being a faulty man. not from high temps.:)