• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cleaning guns, eating Christmas cookies, and watching Live Free or Die Hard...

CSM

Posted Image

Not mine, I wish... a friend's

Posted Image

2 of mine

Rear: brz 1.25" swivel gun

Front: steel 1.75" (golf ball is ~1.72) swivel gun with interchangeable chambers.

Posted Image

Turning a mortar on the South Bend

Posted Image

2" Bronze formerly propeller-shaft, now 1.25 bore

I fit right into the neighborhood:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My neighbors... legally state militia. One of the state's "chartered commands" (Battery B, First RI Light Artillery)

Posted Image

2 of mine

Rear: brz 1.25" swivel gun

Front: steel 1.75" (golf ball is ~1.72) swivel gun with interchangeable chambers.

Very Cool russ, did you make both of the above, or have them made or what?

Closest thing Ive had was an airpowered cannon that would sink a D battery into a telephone pole from about 75 yards lol

-Jordan-

The bronze tube was cast in a foundry, of course. The original owner turned it & bored it oversize. I've done some work to correct the OO's error in the chamber only.The steel tube was commisioned by me recently... but upon reciept, I'm not satisfied with the unauthentic way he did the breech... so I've cut it off & is now on the lathe. After I get done, my son-in-law (recently retired from Electric Boat) will weld it back together. Normally cannon are made in one piece but because of the interchangeable chambers, the front & back sections are joined. I took the mortar as far as I could... now it is with a friend with a CNC mill who will machine for the trunions. He has so much more capability than I have with a 1940's manual machine. I have another swivel cannon replica 1600's "Murderer". 3/4" bore. Also 3 interchangeable chambers. Aboard ship, from a station aloft, with a 3 man crew these swivels would sweap the enemy's upper decks. John Paul Jones mentions this in his 1779 battle against the Serapis, and also the 1812 battles of the Constitution. A tribute to the Marines! Once I get the tubes set, I'll help my friend blacksmith the swivel mount for the steel tube & forge adjust the swivel for the murderer. I'm looking forward to our re-enactments this year & the 4th of July will certainly be noisy. Russ