• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I installed a airdog 100 and I finally install a glowshift fuel pressure gauge. I noticed the when I first ran the truck the gauge would read between 18 and 20 psi, then at times it would read between 16 and 20 lbs. Is the gauge the problem or the airdog...thanks :confused:

• Owner

Hmmm... Good one... I would check your filters (cheap and easy) then check your suction line and pickup assembly... Since its a 100 series I could bet money the pickup screen in the tank could be plugging up (maybe).Kind of doubt the gauge is bad... Unless its a electric gauge WITHOUT a needle valve... Then the sender could be getting beat up by the VP44 pulses...

Another possibility is the injector pump flow return valve is stuck shut. With years of low fuel pressure not enough to trigger the valve to open, the valve can become stuck shut, not allowing excess fuel to return to the fuel tank. Mine did this initially after being installed and I called the Air Dog folks and they mentioned this possibility. My Air Dog would go up to about 24 psi at times but eventually with use stays stable at approx. 18 psi. I asked the tech. support guy about the pump putting out too much pressure and he told me they all get pressure tested before they leave the manufacturing facility. :confused: You may want to call and get some advice on the best course of action to take.