• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trying to decide which to purchase, the Frantz filter for 200.00 or the Amsoil bypass, 260.00. The amsoil dealer has a 1999 cummins and has run so far 90,000 miles with the last oil change. He bought the truck to test his products. He changes the filter and two qts of oil every 25000 miles and runs a oil sample once a year. So far everything is good. Any ideas...thanks :confused:

I'm approaching 65,000 miles without an oil change with my MotorGaurd TP bypass. That's using the SuperTech 15W40 dino oil also. The TP bypass's are more "labor" intensive, which means more frequent filter changes...........however they filter much finer than the others. Amsoil is a good bypass........filters are pricey IMHO and so is their oil.........however, yearly filter changes are appealing.I use Scott 1000 TP in my bypass. It costs about .76 per roll. SuperTech 15W40 is about $9.00 per gallon and I add 1 quart per filter change out. On the other hand, Amsoil competes with John Deere on who can inflate prices the fastest. 8|

I'm approaching 65,000 miles without an oil change with my MotorGaurd TP bypass. That's using the SuperTech 15W40 dino oil also. The TP bypass's are more "labor" intensive, which means more frequent filter changes...........however they filter much finer than the others. Amsoil is a good bypass........filters are pricey IMHO and so is their oil.........however, yearly filter changes are appealing. I use Scott 1000 TP in my bypass. It costs about .76 per roll. SuperTech 15W40 is about $9.00 per gallon and I add 1 quart per filter change out. On the other hand, Amsoil competes with John Deere on who can inflate prices the fastest. 8|

Frantz uses the same filter, Scott 1000 TP. I can get a roll at the Dollar General store. Don't they all work on the same design? I have a question? When do we need to change the stock filter if the Frantz filters down to 1/10th of a micron? Some guys are running this filter as a fuel filter. Wouldn't that be restrictive?

• Owner
Frantz uses the same filter, Scott 1000 TP. I can get a roll at the Dollar General store. Don't they all work on the same design? I have a question? When do we need to change the stock filter if the Frantz filters down to 1/10th of a micron? Some guys are running this filter as a fuel filter. Wouldn't that be restrictive?
Yeap I use Scott's TP rolls too... You can use any tight wound TP you want but do get the jumbo rolls they have a different roll size (cardboard).