• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

just purchased airdog2 i cut factory fitting

i have been using the carter campaign pump, for awhile now just bought the air dog2. when i installed the campaign pump i cut off the quick connect now with the new air dog it has the quick connect I NEED TO KNOW WHAT COLORS THE HOT AND GROUND ARE SO I CAN SPLICE IN NEW MALE CONNECTOR, to air dog. the two wires appear to be one white and a black with white tracer.

--- Update to the previous post...

The new air dog harness for the fuel pump connection has the color wires of tan and black. The company i bought the air dog from (SourceAutomotive) gave me the male connection i needed but the colors on the pig tales are black red.

i assume the tan wire on the new air dog harness would be the hot wire and the black would be the ground this question is really the only thing stoping me from finishing this install, all the help will be is greatly appreciated.

i would like to thank everyone for the quick responses and help. i was wondering if anyone had a picture of the male connector on the lift pump i am more a visual guy,and if anyone knows what color the hot wire on the new air dog harness that plugs into lift pump connection the colors i have on new air dog harness is tan and black. i am sorry if i don't totally understand all the answers that you have been given me.

I plan on starting the install tomorrow so if I have more questions I call the shop on monday I figure its going to take most of the day to just get tank dropped and new hoses ran then I can figure out this wiring issue I am having.

I plan on starting the install tomorrow so if I have more questions I call the shop on monday I figure its going to take most of the day to just get tank dropped and new hoses ran then I can figure out this wiring issue I am having.

Tank is only 2 nuts, just have the tank as empty as possible. Disconnect the fuel filler and over flow hoses, before you drop the tank completely disconnect the wires on top of the tank. Shouldn't take all day, unless you have a beer brake after every turn of the wrench!

My truck had the intank pump retrofit from dodge and i got a kit from AD to remove it and install the fuel pick up in the basket. the pick up is 2 piece and requires 2 clamps. I put them on the pickup tube, installed the said tube and forgot to move them into the proper place. It dawned on me when i started hookin up the fuel lines. I had taken a few pictures and when I reviewed them, sure enough, I never slipped them in to place.Are you going with a draw straw?

• Owner

Little information about my install... When I got my AirDog 150 I need it like yesterday so I did the pump install and figured I would do the draw straw later after the trip I had to do. I found out very quickly on that trip that the AirDog 150 was choking to death on the stock pickup tube. It physically could flow the amount of fuel that the AirDog 150 could pull through it. So after I got back home from my trip which I barely kept 12 PSI for a low end number. But I dropped the fuel tank and install the old school draw straw that was included in my kit. Every since then I've never had another pressure issue related to the plumbing. Now a few times I've had problems with the regulator spring and check ball but rare. As long as I use my head and drive like a normal human I been able to draw down to 1/8 or lower with a drawstraw. Yes I see sometime the pressure gauge flops down because of sloshing air bubbles but since I've 2 cycle oil in the fuel I'm not worried about 2-5 seconds without fuel pressure. 150K on the VP44 injection pump and still going strong! :thumbup2:

yes i plan doing the install by the book and use the draw straw i have been doing research and it looks like there are two different types of modules one looks like a one piece and one looks like two separate pieces held together rods and springs with type do i have my truck is 01

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3496[/ATTACH]I have the one with rods and springs.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3495[/ATTACH]You can see the lift pump in the basket.I also got a quick look at the lift pump connection to the AD. It appears the wires coming from the AD are both tan on mine. The wires coming from the ECM appered to be yellow w/white tracer and blackpost-10340-138698183173_thumb.jpgI hope this will help you out.

post-10340-138698183169_thumb.jpg

Dave: all the information and help you have given me has been awesome, i didnt get the chance to work on truck today so will get it knocked out Monday will keep all you posted on how the install goes again i thank everyone for the help

Dave: all the information and help you have given me has been awesome, i didnt get the chance to work on truck today so will get it knocked out Monday will keep all you posted on how the install goes again i thank everyone for the help

Well heathw, I came here about a year and a half ago with handful of gimmie and a mothful of much obliged. All of these folks here came to my assistance. I am just glad to help others as I have been helped. So you are most welcome and let us know how it goes for you. :whistle:

Well i have finished the air dog install tuesday. it went great i only had to call the shop once about the module i had,i just got done building a steel box to protect pump and filters. took truck for drive came back to shop and had diesel dripping from tank found out that i didnt get return line all the way pushed on to fitting so far i am happy with the air dog but its only been a couple days i will keep you guys posted.