• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Any Mac Owners?

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Hey Gang...Could any of you guys that own Mac Computer give Dorkweed a hand in getting back on the site. He seem to have a older Mac computer with 1.0 GHz processor. Apparently he's only at FireFox 2.0.x and the site is not allowing him to post. I figured its most likely the Java / Adobe Flash is out of date. :shrug:Help a family member return to the site if you have knowledge of older Mac Computers...

I'm new to the MAC world myself, but played with the other sites like foxfire, opera and about 10 others, and found out I like the MAC's Safari and yet had an issue with it. Since it was designed to be with his computer, have him download Safari and get it running. Then if he wants to toy with any of the others, he at least has one running properly.This should be the best way to get running with what is the basis of his system. He should be able to run the up to date version with ease.

try having him go to the "user control panel" then in the setting on the left click the "general settings" link and scroll down to the bottom where "miscellaneous options" is and try either the basic or standard message editor interface instead of the full WYSIWYG editor that you get by default.

• Like 2

I use an older powerpc at work and it works just fine. I would uninstall flash and reinstall. also it might help to clear the pram and nvram. You can do this my Shutting down the computer unplug for 60 sec. Then plug back in and hold the command+option+p+r before the start screen dont let go of these keys untill it restarts and sounds the mac sound twice.

• Like 1

try having him go to the "user control panel" then in the setting on the left click the "general settings" link and scroll down to the bottom where "miscellaneous options" is and try either the basic or standard message editor interface instead of the full WYSIWYG editor that you get by default.

That was it!!!!!! Thanks a bunch bjytech!!!!! You're my new hero!!!! No emoticons with this set up though!!!!

• Owner

That was it!!!!!! Thanks a bunch bjytech!!!!! You're my new hero!!!! No emoticons with this set up though!!!!

See the family came through again and got you back up and running... :smart: Thanks bjytech for helping out! :thumbup2: Ok to help out I know its a long away around but here is thr page with the smiley codes so you can type them in... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/misc.php?do=showsmilies