• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Taking out injectors video

I video taped the whole process and sped it up 6x. I popped the hood and hit record so you are seeing start to finish with me getting tools and everything. Actual length is 21 minutes. If anyone wants to see it slowed down for some reason then let me know and I will edit out all the parts of me getting tools and upload it at regular speed. And no, injectors do not come out that easy, at all. I pull mine a lot and use high temp grease on them which really helps them out. A hot engine also helps.

This is actually just fun to watch.

[*]Taking bypass oil filter return off

[*]Taking boost gauge line off

[*]Dipstick bolt out

[*]Intake horn bolts out

[*]Loosen intercooler boot

[*]Take off intake horn/grab intake gasket

[*]Take injector line mounting bolts out

[*]Loosen all injector line nuts

[*]Take off injector lines

[*]Take out return line banjo bolt

[*]Take out return line mount bolt

[*]Take out return line bolts/copper washers

[*]Take off return line

[*]Loosen injector hold down nuts

[*]Take nuts off

[*]Use front lugnut to screw on top of injector

[*]Use vice grips to pull injector out

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_ur0JinRBQ

It was fun to watch, but i could not touch ISX or MM on time. It took me about 5 or 6 hours to install my rv's. while at home a week a go ihad to take it all back apart to fix my leaks and spent about 6 hours doing that. I did spend a lot of time cleaning the injuector lines(the source of my leaks). I might could cut the time down some with practice, just hope I dont have to practice that often.

• Owner

It was fun to watch, but i could not touch ISX or MM on time. It took me about 5 or 6 hours to install my rv's. while at home a week a go ihad to take it all back apart to fix my leaks and spent about 6 hours doing that. I did spend a lot of time cleaning the injuector lines(the source of my leaks). I might could cut the time down some with practice, just hope I dont have to practice that often.

Now after chasing all muy leaks just like you have and the constant in and out that's where my practice time came in... Now it like changing a set of spark plugs on a in-line 6 engine for me... :whistle:

The first time is a pain if you don't have the proper puller. I don't so I had to do some engineering to get them out lol. I have done that maybe 5 times now in the last 50k miles. The warm engine must have really helped, they usually take a little work to get out, that time was pretty effortless. I rub the completely down with extreme high temp grease stuff I got at napa. Works good.

Taking the injectors out was fairly easy. i put a 2X2 on top of the bolt heads along the the side of the head, screwed a bolt into the injector and used a piece of copper pipe to catch the bolt and gently popped them out. I just took my time when i did it. The first time can be a little testy for anything.

The easiest way I know to pull injectors on a 12V is to use a piece of 3/4" conduit or even pvc pipe about 1 3/4" long.m Once you get all the lines and the hold down nut off just slide the pipe over the injector. Screw a lugnut on and it will pop the injector out quite nicely!