• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

leveling kit questions

As far as a 2" leveling kit you should be fine with the factory trackbar as long as its not already worn out. I put a 3" leveling kit on mine and put an adjustable trackbar from Thuren fabrication. But I also completely rebuilt my front end when I put the leveling kit on including a dual steering stabilizer so no I havent had any problems with my truck not driving straight lol.-Jordan-

i only had death wobble once, but it was due to the original steering components allowing so much slack that i could turn the wheel 10oclock to 2oclock with no reaction from the steering. I hit a pothole at 65 while in a turn and man did it shake like a paintshaker!since then i have never had deathwobble. balljoints are stock original still and still good.

if it is real bad jack truck off groun and have someone start the engine and steer the wheel carefully and while they do this go from under the truck you take a 18mm(iirc) boxend wrench and loosen the center nut on the top of the steering box and hold it. take a allen wrench and tighten it (righty tighty lefty loosy when looking at it from top) till the steering gets a touch of resistance then back off a bit. For me i did this by myself tonight in the driveway about 10 minutes, i did about 1 turn and it snugged it up a bit but the sector shaft still has a bunch of play on the housing and it leaks so i still need to replace the box and get the brace. http://dodgeram.org/tech/mods/steering/steering_gear/Adjust.htm it has pics...

ok so money isnt gona let me do the new model wheels right now but i am in need of new tires so im thinking of going ahead and doing the 2in leveling kit and bigger tires on stock wheels one of you guys said in a earlier post that you was running 295/75/r16 with out the kit and 315/75/r16 with the kit but he did a 3in level kit what can i run with the 2in it look like the 315 would be too tall for the 2in