• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

no start, buzzing asd

jdawgndad

Looking for some help here folks. I have a no start on my truck. The no bus signal is up in the odometer. I have a very loud buzz coming from the asd relay. I have tried repalcing that. Still nothing. I pulled every fuse and relay and checked them. I put a new pcm in that made no difference. I pulled the ecm and sent it in for checking over, and it came back good. I know I am missing the key on signal, but am looking for some advice on tracking this down. I also checked and cleaned all the grounds I could find. Towing to a dealer not really and option where I live. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 year later...

I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I am having the same exact problem right down to te no bus on the odometer! I am in desperate need of help as well. This is my only mode of transport besides my motorcycle an I have a family to transport. See my situation? Well if ANYONE can offer a possible solution it would be greatly appreciated!

Have you scanned it for code(s)? You may want to check your grounds, but the no bus indicates a problem between the ECM and PCM. Check the wiring for a possible frayed or shorted wire.

• Like 1

I had it scanned by a garage and found no problems with the ecm or pcm. That was before I replaced the intake manifold. I didn't change any of the wiring and put everything back the way it was before. I didn't change anything electrical so that is why I have no idea what it could be. The hot wire at the front of the of the fuse box was smoking big time when I tried to jump the battery which (surprise) was dead. This has all happened since I changed the head and intake manifolds. There is a whole lot of wiring under the hood of that thing. lol I don't even have a clue where to start. Although when the no bus came up the electric fan was on with the engine not running and obviously not hot. Could the electric fan have anything to do with it?

I haven't had a chance to look at it today, but I was wondering...I've heard there is a wand type instrument that you run down the side of the vehicle to narrow down the general location of any shorts. Is there such an instrument? I'm in WAY over my head with this whole wireing thing.

i am not sure about that wand, it sounds like magic to me. i too am not very good when it comes to wiring. if you have some time to work on it i encourage you to, you will learn alot about it. start with the wire that was smokingand be sure it did not short to some thing. then check around anything you were working on and see if you possibly pinched or damaged something to cause it to short. with all the wiring under that hood anything is possible. i learned alot chasing wiring in mine but it took a while. i still have more to learn than i learned the first time but it was really worth it. but if you have to have it back right away you might have to take it to someone.

• Like 1

What you need to do is crawl under the hood and visually inspect all the wiring that you touched when you worked on it. It sounds to me like you accidentally pinched a wire somewhere. You don't need any special equipment to look it!

• Like 1

Well I spent the day backtracking through all the wiring I had moved while working on it and didn't find anything. That's not a good thing. So I guess tomorrow I'll start from the front and work my way back. I sure hope it isn't in the lights, doors, or the darn stereo! I was having a small battery drain before it went down, but I chocked it up to "stuff happens". Well I guess stuff happened one too many times. Thank you guys for the advice and I'll post updates as the process continues. Hopefully once I have found the problem I can help someone else with the same deal.

--- Update to the previous post...

I drove the Jeep today. Not a good experience, but it ran. lol I took it to AutoZone to have the codes pulled. I got 2 codes. 1: Short in or malfunctioning TPS. 2: ECM has not received any CCD messages from the Aisin trans module within the ECM. (Probable cause, CCD bus line open or Failed ECM.

Sounds like another $400.00 going out the window with this thing. Yep a new ECM is $398.99(without core charge). I'm thrilled with this. Also I'm running into a new problem. As soon as the rpm's go below 2500 the oil pressure drops to 0.

It just seems like this thing is going from one thing to another. I appreciate all the help guys.

:banghead::mad::banghead::mad::banghead::mad:

You mean your oil pressure gauge goes to zero? That would be either the pressure sender or the ECM. You can verify the pressure with a mechanical gauge too.

--- Update to the previous post...

jdawgndad:

It's possible you are losing grounds to the PCM itself there for the relay is not getting grounded properly

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I didn't end up having to tear the dash out. The ECM is conveniently located on the fender by the air box. That was nice. Bad thing being that I got a new ECM and it didn't fix the problem. I've had it. It's at a garage now. I even traced every wire under the hood. Now let's see if they can figure it out.:banghead::mad::spend::banghead::mad::spend:=:broke::broke::broke: