• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Before I begin, let me say that I love my Ram. That being said, I have learned a LOT about buying from someone you don't know (-$9,500). First (and I already knew this), the tires were worn out (replaced (-$750) Shortly after buying the truck, I found out the block (53) was cracked (recently replaced) (-$2,000 - got a good deal). Then I noted some trany issues and after wrecking the truck it finally quit (had it rebuilt) (-$850 - another great deal). Truck stalled and wouldn't start. Found bad VP44 (replaced) (-$970 plus -$500 labor). I had starting issues and found out after replacing both batteries (-$300) that the starter was shot (replaced) (-$200). After the wreck where it was totalled by insurance company (+10,800), there was an issue with the charging system, where I found my alternator was shot (replaced yesterday) (-$180). Upon inspecting it when picking up from body shop, discovered cracked windshield (replaced) (freebee on body shop). Which brings me to today when I was driving home from Lake Havasu where I was getting the vehicle inspected by MVD to restore the title. The brand new serpentine belt shreaded (replaced) (-$104). Whew, looks like I've got a new truck. And did I mention I've only put about 4000 miles on it?

HAHAH! Buddy I'm right up your alley with all that.Took a good GMC 1/2 ton and traded it in for $3k. Put $2k down and still owe $7k on my Dodge.Had to cut a deal with the car lot to get numerous things fixed on the truck before I would even give them the money for it. Then, had to get new tires, a/c service, brakes, seals, lift pump, tranny, etc. Still owe on it, and the rug can get pulled out from under me at anytime!