• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New problem #1 injector leaking

Hello all, I believe I have a bad connector ring O-ring on injector #1. I can see it weeping. I loosened the fuel line and tried to see if seated correctly, that looked to be good. That is why I'm suspecting the bad o-ring. Seems like a easy fix. Do I really need that tool from Snap-on to pull tube out? Also if anybody has part number for them, from Cummins or the dealership. I would appreciate the info.Thanks,John

You can use a flat blade screw driver to pop it out. I recently had a problem with all of mine leaking after an injector install. Turned out I had to loosen my injectors and then tighten my connector tubes first and then tighten my injectors. That stopped all my leaking. An oring is easier to replace and see if that does it. Just pop it out and replace the oring. Then see if it stops.

like dripley said, small flathead and gently pop it out. it doesnt take much to pop em out. While you have it out and replace the oring, might as well scotchbright both ends of the tube and the line end feeding the tube. This will ensure you dont have to take it back apart to clean them after you see them weeping still...BEFORE YOU TAKE THEM APART, clean the head with a high pressure wand or blow all the crap off the head (dust dirt etc etc) dont let anything fall into the tube hole.

• Like 3

like dripley said, small flathead and gently pop it out. it doesnt take much to pop em out. While you have it out and replace the oring, might as well scotchbright both ends of the tube and the line end feeding the tube. This will ensure you dont have to take it back apart to clean them after you see them weeping still... BEFORE YOU TAKE THEM APART, clean the head with a high pressure wand or blow all the crap off the head (dust dirt etc etc) dont let anything fall into the tube hole.

good advice!

I do believe that unless they were replaced, the 98.5 and early build model 99's were equipped with one time use crossover tubes. But AFAIR, the you should also loosen the locking bars on the injector lines so that the pre-bent lines can sit comfortably into the injector crossover tubes.

Thanks Gents, I went over to our bus garage today at work and acquired 6 new connector tube O-rings. I will be doing the work on Friday after work. The Public school system I work for has 24valves in the buses. So I have access to stuff. I give her hell on Friday. I thank you all for you input. John

Well, It started to leak again. Had a buddy come over whom is a bus mechanic at work and we found that I need a new fuel to the# 1 injector. It was not sealing properly. I had some scale on it we cleaned with a scotch bright pad carefully yesterday. But took a look today after bveing out and found it wet again. Good part is I can get a new line at work monday.

man it must be nice haveing access to all or most the parts you need to fix the problem right at your fingertips. i worked for a bus company with the same deal and oh how i miss it so:cry: glad to hear your gettin the problem solved

Yeah it is nice, I work for a large school district. We own all our buses. I'm a HVAC/R mechanic. And when their air handlers or shop heaters break down at their garage/offices. They are very grateful when we get it fixed. So they take care of us.