• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Not a Good day

Today's day started yesterday. I was cleaning out the horse stalls yesterday and came back in with the 4 wheeler and trailer and one of the horses came in and went down. Had to go get some help and we were able to roll the gal over and get her back up. Took her out to the arena and got her walking around. The vet came out and told us that the she was bound up. Not from colic but old age. The vet said if nothing passed overnight that it didn't look good. Well, the regular vet came today and said it was time to put her down. My oldest son and I helped the vet and we were able to put her down. Bad thing is was this horse was born on my nephew's birthday. Who my mom was watching while my sister was TDY and he drowned in a pond on the farm. This whole death thing is hitting close to home. My mom's cancer came back and this time it is incurrable. So losing this particular horse has hit her hard with the history that she has with it and my nephew. Had to get all of this off my chest. I don't want to sound like a broken record. But, appreciate the time you have with your loved ones! Thanks for letting me air out my thoughts!

• Like 1

I have lost or put down animals before... horses, ponies, mini's, dogs... but when I had to put down my wife's horse & my horse colliced the same day... I had the vet out 3 days in a row (thought he was getting better) but lost him the 4th morning. Call me a softie. I still miss him.Russ

Today's day started yesterday. I was cleaning out the horse stalls yesterday and came back in with the 4 wheeler and trailer and one of the horses came in and went down. Had to go get some help and we were able to roll the gal over and get her back up. Took her out to the arena and got her walking around. The vet came out and told us that the she was bound up. Not from colic but old age. The vet said if nothing passed overnight that it didn't look good. Well, the regular vet came today and said it was time to put her down. My oldest son and I helped the vet and we were able to put her down. Bad thing is was this horse was born on my nephew's birthday. Who my mom was watching while my sister was TDY and he drowned in a pond on the farm. This whole death thing is hitting close to home. My mom's cancer came back and this time it is incurrable. So losing this particular horse has hit her hard with the history that she has with it and my nephew. Had to get all of this off my chest. I don't want to sound like a broken record. But, appreciate the time you have with your loved ones! Thanks for letting me air out my thoughts!

...man, this is just not a good month! My wifes aunt is on her last leg and in the hospital fighting for her life from COPD... Its hard to walk away from a person in the family, knowing its gonna be the last time you will see them in this life. Do yourself a HUGE favor. Be there for your mom as much as possible. Don't regret anything and make sure you are right with her.

It is very difficult watching a loved one near the end of their life. I've been through it with my father... he was in kidney failure and his cancer had returned. (Cancer removal & chemo was considered a success with 5 years clean... 10 years later... ) Dad's doctor explained that Dad had not given up, he had just run out of options. I do have regrets... my sister was quite young when she was stricken clear accross the country. Everything possble was done but it was a losing hand. My parents dropped everything to go to her, leaving my brother & I to keep the family business open. I regret that my brother & I were not able to say goodbye. Family comes first. Everything else gets put asside. Don't leave any regrets if you can help it.Russ

Do yourself a HUGE favor. Be there for your mom as much as possible. Don't regret anything and make sure you are right with her.

That is exactly why I moved here 4 years ago. To help her out.

--- Update to the previous post...

I do have regrets... my sister was quite young when she was stricken clear accross the country.

Family comes first. Everything else gets put asside. Don't leave any regrets if you can help it.

Russ

I was trying to make sure I didn't have any regrets. If I stayed away, I knew that I would get "that" phone call. I agree, family does come first. Always have believed that idea. My youngest son wh is a special needs person teaches that to me each and every day! I cherish the time that I have with all of my family.

prayers are with you brother:pray:

Thanks!

All I can do is offer up a few prayers for your family. Not much I can do from way out here in Idaho but listen and pray... Sorry for your loss... And I say a few prayers for your Mom... :pray:

Mike, you do alot for all of us! we have a GREAT forum that we can all be a part of and know that even though we don't see each other, we are able to know that we are all apart of a big family! Thanks!

• Owner

Mike, you do alot for all of us! we have a GREAT forum that we can all be a part of and know that even though we don't see each other, we are able to know that we are all apart of a big family! Thanks!

:cry: Sniff, sob... Thanks... That pulled at my heart strings a bit... I'm glad you think of it that way I'm glad I can bring this group of people together into one big happy family. :thumb1: Is there anything the family here can possibly do to help you out?:shrug: